Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America…

Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Jeff Ryan

Member:lefthand42
Title:Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America
Authors:Jeff Ryan
Info:Portfolio Hardcover (2011), Hardcover, 304 pages
Tags:Technology

Super Mario: How Nintendo Conquered America by Jeff Ryan (2011)

"Super Mario" is a fun and quick read. It doesn't have a ton of depth, but it's a pretty good historical overview of Nintendo and Mr. Mario. ( )
  chasing | Jan 18, 2016 |
So I knew a little of the Nintendo story. I did not realize the dedication to the Power up grabbing plumber that it had. Being an 80's child I remember the original NES coming out and how much fun it was. I had a few friends who got the Super NES. I even had a few the bought a Nintendo 64. Through all of it Mario was there. This book talks of the steadfast dedication and overwhelming love for Mario. Is talks of how Nintendo doesn't use the high end electronics but brings about games that people can play over and over. ( )
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
Good overview of the Nintendo history and by extension the console market from the arcades to the Playstation/Xbox times. It is told in an informal tone that catches the attention and make it an easy reading. Sadly the contents are pretty much second hand. Most of the information seems to be available online and it is superficial. This description of the rise and evolution of the company, with some controversial key decisions, is asking for more first-hand content. What about an interview with Miyamoto? That would be something. ( )
  ivan.frade | Jan 15, 2014 |
Listened to from Jul 31-Aug 7, 2012

Audio Reivew - Super fun non-fiction is the best kind. Listening to this reminded me of Ready Player One -- it makes a great non-fiction companion to the awesomeness that is RPO. I also really want to play Super Mario Bros now. I learned quite a bit about Nintendo and the history of gaming consoles. (And I really want a Wii now...I'll wait for the Wii U to hit shelves.)

I do have one problem...Mr Ryan, people DO still use the library. Yes, you can find many answers by doing a Google search, but not always reliable answers and it isn't always quick or easy when there are millions of search results. ( )
  melissarochelle | Mar 31, 2013 |

Nintendo has continually set the standard for video game innovation in America, and the saga of Mario, the portly plumber who became the most successful franchise in the history of gaming, has plot twists worthy of a video game.

48 wanted1 pay5 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,361,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible