The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden…

The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life

by Deepak Chopra

I have read and listened to almost everything Deepak has written or taped (I love listening to his voice!) This book spoke to me. It all made sense to me after reading The Book of Secrets. I admit I had to reread many passages but in the end this one has lingered in everything I do now. If you are seeking answers or needing affirmation, read this book.
  Twinley | Mar 4, 2011 |
Good book. I am impressed. ( )
  Dalerickee | Jul 18, 2010 |
Excellent description of East Indian and New Age thought by a medical doctor trained in India with a practice in the US. More than philosophy, this book contains many practical applications of New Thought for our modern era. ( )
  drj | Jan 24, 2007 |
Abridged version of "The Book of Secrets". Abridged versions should not be combined with the full work.

Ieders leven is een boek met geheimen, dat wacht om gelezen te worden. Het geheim van de liefde is alleen maar in onszelf te vinden, net als de geheimen van heelwording, compassie, geloof en het meest verborgen geheim van allemaal: wie wij in wezen zijn.

Every life is a book of secrets, ready to be opened. The secret of perfect love is found there, along with the secrets of healing, compassion, faith, and the most elusive one of all: who we really are. We are still mysteries to ourselves, despite the proximity of these answers, and what we most long to know remains lodged deep inside.

We all want to know how to find a soul mate, what career would be most fulfilling, how to live a life with meaning, and how to teach our children well. We are looking for a personal breakthrough, a turning point, a revelation that brings with it new meaning. The Book of Secrets--a crystalline distillation of insights and wisdom accumulated over the lifetime of one of the great spiritual thinkers of our time--provides an exquisite new tool for achieving just that.

Because answers to the questions at the center of life are counterintuitive, they are often hidden from view, sequestered from our everyday gaze. In his ongoing quest to elevate our experience, bestselling author Deepak Chopra has isolated fifteen secrets that drive the narrative of this inspiring book--and of our lives. From "The World Is in You" and "What You Seek, You Already Are" to "Evil Is Not Your Enemy" and "You Are Truly Free When You Are Not a Person," The Book of Secrets is rich with insights, a priceless treasure that can transport us beyond change to transformation, and from there to a sacred place where we can savor the nectar of enlightenment.

"The Book of Secrets is the finest and most profound of Deepak Chopra’s books to date. Want the answers to the secrets of life? Let me recommend that you start right here." -- Ken Wilber, author of A Brief History of Everything

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:34 -0400)

Describing the hidden mysteries that are contained within each individual, the author examines fifteen of these secrets that hold the key to enlightenment, transformation, and personal fulfillment.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,490,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible