Erasing Hell: What God said about eternity,…

Erasing Hell: What God said about eternity, and the things we made up (edition 2011)

by Francis Chan, Preston Sprinkle

1,0441914,319 (3.89)1
How could a loving God send people to hell? Will people have a chance after they die to believe in Jesus and go to heaven? With a humble respect for Gods Word, Francis Chan and Preston Sprinkle address the deepest questions you have about eternal destiny. Theyve asked the same questions. Like you, sometimes they just dont want to believe in hell. But, as they write, We cannot afford to be wrong on this issue. This is not a book about who is saying what. Its a book about what God says. Its not a book about impersonal theological issues. Its a book about people God loves. Its not a book about arguments, doctrine, or being right. Its a book about the character of God. Erasing Hell will immerse you in the truth of Scripture as, together with the authors, you find not only the truth but the courage to live it out.… (more)
Member:Kirk1810
Title:Erasing Hell: What God said about eternity, and the things we made up
Authors:Francis Chan
Other authors:Preston Sprinkle
Info:David C. Cook (2011), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 208 pages
Collections:The Nature Of God, Apologetics

Erasing Hell: What God said about eternity, and the things we made up by Francis Chan

Couldn't finish this book. I was really disappointed in Francis Chan. There were quotes that were taken completely out of context, and Chan consistently interpreted Bells writings and put words in his mouth. It's disappointing because I couldn't get past the bias to hear the perspective. ( )
  Eddie_Long | Nov 2, 2020 |
Really enjoyed the book picked up a few new things and a lot that really made me think. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about hell. ( )
  nirrad | Jul 27, 2019 |
This is a great book. It was written in response to Rob Bell's "Love Wins," and shows the error behind some of the ideas he presents, among other things. It's a pretty serious read, but if you've ever wondered just exactly what the Bible says about hell, this is a great resource.
  amy_reasoner | Feb 13, 2019 |
Thoughtful and gentle response to Rod Bell and others who are denying the reality of hell. Chan examines the relevant Scriptures and gives well thought out answers to the question of hell. Dealing respectfully with the painful subject matter, Chan nevertheless does not back down from defending its reality. Chan's discussion around Romans 9 and Paul's wish that he could be condemned in the place on his countrymen were particularly compelling. ( )
  KenMcLain | Jul 18, 2017 |
This is a popular level rebuttal of Rob Bell's Love Wins. Chan (and Sprinkle) are humble and conversational and tone and review a number of texts. I don't think they are right about everything, but I don't think Rob Bell is either. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |

Chan, Francisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sprinkle, Prestonmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 156,919,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible