Merciful by Casey Adolfsson

Merciful

by Casey Adolfsson

Recently added byonyx95, billyburgess

As a librarian Acacia Moirgetes knew who she was, until she started disappearing into another world. Arriving to find a stranger who seems to know more about her life than she does. As her Pyroskia (protector), Blaise and her goat like mentor Amal explain her life as the daughter of gods, as the sister of fates. Acacia does slowly start to have flashes of memories o the life. The more she learns about her life on Mt. Olympus, the more she wants to understand just what happened to her and why. Having time travel abilities, empathic feelings and visions are the powers she uses as The Moirgetes (Bringer of Fate). Since there is really no one more powerful, everyone fears her and some even hate her enough to try and get rid of her for good. Learning all of the pieces of her life has just as much of a chance of destroying her as her enemies do.

Mt Olympus, Atlantis ~ Titans, Greek Gods, they are all here (ok, maybe not all of them but a lot), I should have taken a refresher in Mythology. No, the Mythology lessons aren’t really needed if you are interested in a good adventure with a romance. The questions to figure out who she is and why she can’t remember herself leads Acacia to learn of herself with the help of others, mainly Blaise. I liked Blaise a lot, I had a bit of trouble with Ash (her other Pyroskia) even after he went through the bond share. What a fun adventure and re-introduction to mythology. Had a rough start with this one, slow to get going, but after awhile, I got to a point where it just flew by and I didn’t want to put it down until I found out what the mystery memory was, what Blaise was hiding and then it was over. Didn’t like the ending, it made me sad but luckily I have found a post that claims Casey Addolfson is planning on making this into a trilogy ~ looking forward to the next installment and finding out what will happen next with Blaise. ( )
  onyx95 | Aug 15, 2011 |
Acacia Moirgetes is a 17 year old, living on her own as a librarian. Her life is boring and she is often left feeling lonely. She knows something is missing from her miserable life, but she just can’t put her finger on what it is. All she knows is that she disappears briefly to a strange world and returns back to reality. Or is her reality real?

One day when she vanishes, he doesn’t bounce back. She meets an ex-goat named Amal and two Pyroskia - aka, bodyguards, Blasie and Ash. She learns that she is a Greek God, well a daughter of one, from Olympus. She had been visiting the ‘real’ world, but staying in the real world for such a time does a morphing of your memory, and over time Acacia started to live another life. Now as her memory slowly returns, she must stop the dark forces from destroying Olympus.

I’m not into Greek myths, but I was interested in reviewing this book, as I was getting tried of the overused vampire and werewolf genre that is used in today’s young adult literature. I was expecting a short read, but instead got an almost five-hundred page novel! The cover of the book is breathtaking and sets the mood for the journey into Olympus. Acacia is a fun, energetic characters that both male and female readers can connect to. Fantasy fans will enjoy reading about the Greek myth legends in their new incarnation. Overall, I enjoyed reading Merciful, as it was a bit of fresh air to read. ( )
  billyburgess | Jun 4, 2011 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,376,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible