Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger…

Lover Reborn: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood (edition 2012)

by J.R. Ward

English (69)  Czech (1)  All languages (70)
3.5 ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
4.5 I Cried Myself to Sleep Stars.

Characters:

Tohr. Oh my I love me some Tohr but there were times when I wanted to jump through my Kindle and knock the hell out of him..I have never lost my husband and I am not sure how I would react but there is a time when you have to stop with the pity train and Move On.. Something else I hate when a man plays a woman (okay all you sexist pigs: I hate when a woman plays a man too!) Tohr.Tohr.Tohr. You made my heart hurt but, if you have that cute, funny, spectacular angel Lassiter telling you that you have to let goooo.. Then try harder and do something to save that precious Wellsie of yours.. Allow her to go into the Fade with your child it is never easy to be stuck in between…

No’One/Autumn – Girl, you got you a fine speciman there so stop telling him you love him (in your sleep) .. You annoyed me though because I would have at least reached up and “bitch” slapped that fool when he told me I did not matter to him.. But, in the end you did what you had to do so I earned mad respect for you!

The Story ….

John and Xhex you annoyed the hell out of me for most of this book….So much that I had to take away half of the star. I understand John can’t talk but, he can sign and the two of you need to get your stuff together.

Wrath and Beth — I love the heck out of you! I can’t say enough how the mushy, gushy, lovey, dovey, mess makes me swoon.

Lassiter — I love that freakin Angel with all of my heart

All my other Brotherhood — There were few interactions within the book with the Brotherhood so I will wave Hi when I see you and yell I miss you so..

Quinn and Layla — What the freakin freak?

The Band of Brothers — I think you all need to look forward to a good butt kicking after the shiiiiiiiiiit you pulled in this one.

Which gets me to the one part of the book that had me laying in the bed crying my eyes out and actually brought this one book from 4 – 4.5 stars for me…

The Fade Ceremony

“Life was short, no matter how many days you were granted. And people were precious, each and every one, no matter how many you were lucky enough to have in your life. And love… love was worth dying for.
Worth living for, too. -Tohrment”

It was beautiful, wonderful, and everything that I needed… I would definitely recommend this book if you haven’t read it.. It does get long in places..but the last 10% of the book are worth every second that you go through this book.

Review also posted at my new Blogspot --> http://iforgot2tellya.wordpress.com/

Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
This book did not go at all how I thought it would. In the end I still really enjoyed it, but not quite as much as the others. This was definitely slow to start, it took me forever to really get into it. Once it got going it was great, but I don't know it just lacked a little something for me. ( )
  LenaR0307 | Jun 24, 2016 |
Tortured beyond belief is far too subtle to call what the hero is. In this world where a mate is everything, the death of his female has put him over the edge. It's been some time and a few book since the hero lost his woman but he's back into the fray and back into our hearts. He really has no care for his life and goes out every night with the hope if not the intention to die. He truly has become the shell of the man he was at the start of the series. The heroine is so timid and insecure that she's latterly named No'One. Call me sadist but I really love to read about damaged and emotionally tortured characters and by golly does J.R. Ward deliver. She's the mother of the hero's adopted son's girlfriend. The two characters have a history and the hero was the one to actually care for the heroine during her pregnancy but life drew them apart. The heroine is back in the brotherhood's lives to develop a relationship with her long lost daughter and is shocked to once again come into the path of the hero. Though she's half in love with him already, she knowing hides her true feelings as she knows they will be unwanted. The hero is just too damaged to feel anything for another female so soon but with the heroine, one he can sleep with and supply blood to, he can have a weird friendship with. Some might say that it's wrong for a character of this series to find love again and while that may be true if Zadist of the others character lost their mates, I feel like Tohr is safe. He was with his mate before the start of the series so a book wasn't written about their relationship so it allows for the readers to forgive him. The hero does hurt the heroine a lot during the course of the book and it breaks your heart to have her cry because she is such a loveable character but I just freaking loved this book so much. Honestly, I'll die if there isn't a continuation of this series. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
I LOVE Brotherhood books!!

This was a sweet story, though not my fav. I'm glad Tohr got his happy ending, but the back and forth between him and Autumn was almost too much. Can't hate tho... the book was great. ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
"The quick and the dead are all the same. Everyone's just looking for home." -- Lassiter
DEDICATED TO: YOU
it has been so long,
too long,
since you have had a home.
"The bastard's taking the bridge!  He's mine!"

Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been unrecognizable from the vampire leader he once was. Physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair, he has been brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel. Now, fighting once again with ruthless vengeance, he is unprepared to face a new kind of tragedy.

When Tohr begins to see his beloved in his dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld far from the peace and tranquillity of the Fade—he turns to the angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. But because Lassiter tells him he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed....

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past and a very hot, passion-filled future…but can his heart let go and set all of them free?

Tohrment, a Black Dagger Brother, is given a second chance at love and life after losing everything.

497 wanted4 pay2 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,214,042 books! | Top bar: Always visible