Dancing in the Shadows of Love by Judy…

Dancing in the Shadows of Love (edition 2012)

by Judy Croome

Member:krizia_lazaro
Title:Dancing in the Shadows of Love
Authors:Judy Croome
Info:Aztar Press (2012), Edition: 0002-, Paperback, 226 pages
Rating:**

Dancing in the Shadows of Love by Judy Croome

This got me confused. I just don't get this story. Don't get me wrong, it was beautifully written but words are meaningless if it does not convey what it is supposed to impart. Who the hell is Enoch? Is he a magical creature? Is he a prophet? Is he liken to the Spirit King? It left us with no explanation. How about the war? Everyone dies in it, why is there a war in the first place?

This book just left me dizzy. ( )
1 vote krizia_lazaro | Jan 14, 2013 |
I received Dancing in the Shadows of Love as an AR book. This was a very difficult book for me to get into. The book tells the stories of 3 women but they don't really seem to go together for a VERY long time in the book. The author also used many words as replacement words for things such a church so I personally spent the first few times I sat down to read revisiting the glossary in orde to really understand what I was reading. Now, I read a lot of different things but for some reason I had a difficult time "getting into" this book. I honestly probably would not have finished it if I hadn't been asked to review it. That being said I am sure that this would be a much more interesting book for others. It had quite a bit of the dark and twisty in it and is definitely NOT a light read. As long as you know that going in- and don't mind having to check the vocabulary it could be a great book for you. It just wasnt' a great book for me. ( )
  bburke79 | Sep 8, 2012 |
Librarything winner joycedlee,
I did not like this book. First of all I couldnt keep up with the story line. The book jumped from one character to the next. Sorry but I like to read a book to enjoy it not spend two days on trying to figure out who's who.
1 vote joycedlee | Aug 26, 2012 |
Had a hard time getting into the book but once I was into it I didn't want to put it down. Very interesting ending, a lot of twist and turns along the way. I would recommend this book to others. Loved the glossary of words that may not be known to most, made a lot easier to read. ( )
  pluto6490 | Jul 4, 2012 |
Dancing in the Shadows of Love by Judy Croome provides a thorough look into the essence of the protagonists. The women in the book are complex and troubled-very troubled. There is a binding common thread amongst them and that is that they all want a better life. While their backgrounds are different, they share a quest for love and acceptance.
Lulu was an abandoned child who was labeled a "Pale One" because of her physical appearance- her skin and hair are too light. She was shunned and ridiculed. Eventually she came to believe she had found the love she so craved, but it ended in tragedy and she served years in prison for a crime she did not commit. Her life was devoid of hope and love. Jamila was forced to beg as a child and as she grew older she would do whatever it took to never be poor again. Because she, too, was a victim of ridicule she promised herself that she would show kindness to other victims of cruelty. Her attempts to find love and respectability became complicated and resulted in tragedy, too. Zahra suffered unspeakable abuse as a child . She managed to survive by reinventing herself. She married into wealth and longed for love and respect, but the price she paid was expensive on many levels.
The three different stories are each filled with the same things: sadness, longing, unfulfilled desires and misplaced priorities. The women learned that things are not always what they appear to be. Eventually their lives intersected with surprising results.
I found this to be an unusual and fascinating book. The author skillfully gives voice to the characters and in doing so the reader becomes enthralled with their lives. She leaves the reader with much to think about.
I received this book for free from LibraryThing Member Giveaways and I give this review of my own free will. ( )
  SAMANTHA100 | Jun 28, 2012 |
There is only one language, the language of the Heart.
There is only one religion, the religion of Love.

Sri Sathya Sai Baba
(Mystic, 1926-2011)
For Beric, always
I stopped believing in promises when I was young.

Judy Croome is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,394,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible