Three for Avadar by Steven R. Drennon

Three for Avadar (edition 2011)

by Steven R. Drennon

Member:GMTAPublishing
Title:Three for Avadar
Authors:Steven R. Drennon
Info:

Three for Avadar by Steven R. Drennon

Nice tight writing and some very decent actions sequences keep this novel moving right along. Characters weren't deep so you don't really connect too closely with them but this by no means make this anything but an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon in the sun. ( )
  Scoshie | Mar 4, 2012 |
The story flowed quickly, although there were some parts that didn't hold my attention very well. Also, as the reviewer below pointed out, the author could tighten up some of his sentences. Otherwise, a decent storyline. ( )
  evementen | Jan 29, 2012 |
Right off the bat, there are places that the story could've used a stricter editor. "...he began to hear..." is one of the kinds of phrases learned early on in most writing courses that needs to be "...he heard..." The voice also switches from past to present tense. I can appreciate the voice that is being attempted here, but it is a little off-setting. Example: "...ached from the weary ride. Now at last he would find..."

This (loose grammatical standards) persists through the story. So, if you are reading to enjoy, I think you'll be alright. If you are a more critical reader, this could be distracting.

Overall, I find that I agree with the bulk of other readers. The story clips along at a decent place with some good action. The characters - I care about them to an extent (when I can look past some cliche behaviors) - but they could use a little more depth.

All in all, steady and decent story telling. I'd look forward to more work from Mr. Drennon, with hopes of a more stringent editor (or editors) to tighten up the actual storytelling. ( )
  jennaelf | Dec 6, 2011 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I truly did enjoy this book. It was very action-packed and the flow was good. The characters were a bit shallow. I would have preferred more in-depth ones. It had the basic good vs evil. Some sadness, some romance and plenty of action! Overall, it was a great book - the author did a great job in the writing of it.

It almost reminds me of a good action movie. Really no slow parts to have to go through which is great! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes good fantasy books. ( )
  ladyofunicorns | Dec 2, 2011 |
In Three for Avadar its no surprise that three people meet up on the trail for Avadar. First Bengar is a warrior and hears sounds of fighting he heads over to where the fighting is. He sees Two soldiers on horse's fighting a group of seven thieves and trying to get to the lady they are protecting. Bangar steps in and helps defeat the thieves and is timing was great because the one soldier just died and by the time all the thieves are dead the last soldier died and Ariadne faints.
Ariadne tells him her father is a merchant and will reward him for helping to get to avadar safely. Bengar is planning to go thier to join the army because who they are going to war with killed his brother and his family and he wants revenge.
They come to a tavern and hope to spend the night but most of the people in their want thier money and Ariadne. Bengar ends up fighting most of the tavern but a person in cloak helps him to defeat them.
Mahri is a sorceress who is on trail of a powerful object called the heart of Omhri that gives a lot of power to a sorcer. King of Omhri to protect it sent it away before it could be stolen before he died.
So the three travel and when they to Avadar they realize who Ariadne is and they are each allowed to do what they want.
It goes from action to action and keeps your focus on the story. It has love, vengence, hero's and villians. Good over evil.
You care for Bengar,Ariadne and Mahri and want them to suceed in their goals.
I was given this ebook in exchange for honest review. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Aug 23, 2011 |

Steven R. Drennon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,418,367 books! | Top bar: Always visible