Love Lust and Petty Crime by Hercules Bantas

Love Lust and Petty Crime

by Hercules Bantas

B (1) fiction (2) friends (1) giveaway (1) humor (1) K (1) Kindle (3) love (1) mystery (1) romance (1) Shelfari (2) short story (1) to-read (3)

I did enjoy reading this book. I received it in a LibraryThing giveaway. It intrigued me enough to continue to read it through to the end. Sometimes it was a bit frustrating following Emmet as a character not the story itself but his character...he could be so naive. Following his love/lust relationship through the book was pretty good. Sometimes the conversation between his id and ego were a bit boring to get through but other than that, a good read. ( )
  ladyofunicorns | Jul 6, 2012 |
It has an okay story. The book is actually insightful and helped a lot in explaining love and lust. The story has lovable characters. You would be able to relate to at least one. In a way, even with the weird story line, the book was actually real in a way. It was easy to connect to. However, there was a lot of conversations between id and ego which was dragging. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Jun 5, 2012 |
A very enjoyable novel detailing the life of Emmet Stork and his Greek family. We meet Emmet living at home and out of work - he is a computer games wizard and when he applies for a position in a call centre at an Insurance company - he amazes both interviewers and his own family by achieving a perfect score. Emmet takes to the job like "a duck to water" and we are introduced to some wonderful characters in River , Jurgen , Voula ,Natalie and Acheron the overall boss. This book made me laugh "out loud" - it was very funny as we follow Emmet's upward trajectory in the company and his unrequited love for Voula , while maintaining a strong friendship with River another female colleague.A page turner which was a treat to read. ( )
  tbrennan1 | Aug 18, 2011 |
I won't go into detail about the storyline as the previous two reviewers have pretty much said it all. I enjoyed this book for the most part...it certainly kept me reading until the end at least. The conversations Emmett has with his 'id' were presented in a rather annoying way, but thankfully there was not too much of that. All in all, it's an ok book to help pass the time. ( )
  Cdnwren | Jul 22, 2011 |
*I won a free copy of this e-book in a LibraryThing Member Giveaway*

A really great book..!
The title of this book "Love, Lust, and Petty Crime" says it all.

This is a story about friendship with four people (Jurgen, Voula, River, and Emmet) meeting at an insurance company. All are employed there and all become involved in one way or another. Twisted sisters, twisted brothers, she wants him, he wants the other, but, the characters are interrelated in a really good way..one that makes you think..if this is even possible..but well.,.yah..the author proves it does so...
this is a great tongue twister with bends and curves that make you read it to the end to know what will really happen.
but then..their friendship and love for each other,,is the only thing that makes them work this mayhem out.. this is a funny book and would make you realize and appreciate life better...

Emmet Storch was an unemployed sponger who thought he had no calling in life. All that changed when he landed a job in the call centre at the monolithic Star Insurance where, from the very first day, he was magnificent. It was as if the very essence of insurance ran through his veins and he and his telephone were as one. Irate policyholders found comfort in his soothing words; recalcitrant contractors became polite and respectful. It would have been perfect if not for his lecherous and treacherous hormones. A humorous look at love and lust in the iAge where consumerism runs rampant and integrity can go and get stuffed. ( )
  avry15 | Jul 21, 2011 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Hercules Bantas's book Love Lust and Petty Crime was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Hercules Bantas is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,372 books! | Top bar: Always visible