Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 2 by…

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 2

by Stephenie Meyer

Other authors: Young Kim (Illustrator)

Series: Twilight Saga (Graphic Novel 2)

English (15)  Swedish (1)  All languages (16)
While it's defiantly a more tolerable telling of Twilight, it's still Twilight.

The art is beautiful though and it got the point faster in half the pages that the original text did. I don't know though, maybe it's just the movie rubbing off on me, but did anyone else feel like the side characters were a little too 'White Washed'?

Only 2 stars though, because it's still Twilight. ( )
  cully85 | Sep 21, 2013 |
This book did a good job wrapping up Twilight in graphic novel format. My biggest complaint was that with the addition of so many characters (i.e. seeing the rest of Edward's family other than the few lunchroom scenes) was confusing. With black-and-white manga drawings, the characters all looked so similar it was hard to keep them straight. Would have been better in color. ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
I liked the graphics, which were mostly in black and white, but the colored sections were wonderful. I would recommend this book to teen girls ages 13-15 who still have an interest in Twilight or those who once enjoyed it, but would like a new representation of the books. I would also recommend it for reluctant readers and those who are more have a more visual learning style. ( )
  TeamDewey | Feb 17, 2013 |
This was just like the first volume. I really wished it would of had page numbers. But in general, I liked that the book continued where volume 1 left off, and I really like that it stuck to the important key parts of the book/movie. I like that some of the pages had color and not all of them were in black and white. I look forward to reading/collecting the other if they are made.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes the Twilight series and to those who like to read graphic novels. ( )
  Theamwriter | May 13, 2012 |
Summary:
This is a graphic novel version of the book "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. Volume II focuses on the second part of the story. Bella Swan and Edward Cullen have already fell in love and Bella has found out the Cullen family secret, they are vampires. This part of the story reinforces how in love they are and how close Bella has become with Edward's family. Edward's vampire family are a few of the good vampires that choose not to consume human blood but rather animal blood. This graphic novel is full of action and suspense. It starts out with Bella playing baseball with Edward's family. Bella is forced to go with Alice and Jasper, Edward's siblings. The vampire hunters have smelled human Bella and are now hunting her. Bella and Edward must go their separate ways for a while and Bella must lose contact with her family to protect them. Bella begins to ask questions on how one would become a vampire. Her desire to be with Edward forever sparks her interest in maybe one day becoming one.

Personal Reaction: I wasn't sure I would enjoy a graphic novel. The twilight versions are an added bonus to the many ways to tell a story. It really highlights important parts of the story with the great detailed pictures.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
I would use this book for the students who are having a hard time becoming interested in reading.
1. This is a great introduction to learning how to enjoy a more lengthy book.
2. I would use this book in my classroom by having the students make their own graphic novel on poster sized paper to tell a story. ( )
  JeraSullivan | Apr 15, 2012 |

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kim, YoungIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

The second volume of Twilight: The Graphic Novel completes the visual adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's worldwide bestselling debut novel and is a must-have for any collector's library.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:30 -0400)

"Having uncovered the dark secret of her enigmatic classmate, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan embraces her feelings for him, trusting Edward to keep her safe despite the risks. When a rival clan of vampires makes its way into Forks, though, the danger to Bella has never been more real. Will she make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the people dearest to her?"--Amazon.com.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,695,688 books! | Top bar: Always visible