Collaborative Quilting by Freddy Moran

Collaborative Quilting

by Freddy Moran

One of the best design books in the quilting genre. Definitely for those who love colour and unusual pattern layout. Very good instructions. ( )
  SandyAMcPherson | Aug 9, 2017 |
One of the best reasons for buying this book is the huge number of photos. It is amazing how many photos of quilts and blocks the publisher was able to cram into this book for the price. I also like the idea of collaboration between the two artists. ( )
  jlapac | Aug 14, 2013 |
I received this quilting book today. I buy very few quilt books these days because I have hundreds and I like to look at them before purchase. My bookstore has a shabby collection of old quilt books so I mostly refrain. I love Freddy Moran, however, and this is only her second book.

Quilt books, as well as cookbooks, must appeal to me visually first of all. I rarely actually read a quilt book. This is one I will have to read every word of. Gwen Marston's quilts have never particularly appealed to me but the collaboration has produced a beautiful new genre. The two women themselves are very interesting people and there is a certain, small, amount of biographical information about them. Despite her liberated techniques, Marston has alwasys echoed traditional quilts in my opinion. Freddy Moran, on the other hand, is heading in a wholly new direction. Her initial book, Freddy's House, inspired the entire decorating scheme for my house and, having seen her quilts, my love of color took off. It is unlikely I will ever make a quilt entirely like either of these women but their influence will always be there.

If you have not seen Freddy's House, it includes many photos of Freddy's actual house. This is the most wonderful house I have ever seen. I wish I could live in it. I am awaiting Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaking - it is taking forever to arrive - and I shall delve right into that as well. ( )
  candyschultz | Aug 3, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible