Moo, Moo Brown Cow! Have You Any Milk? by…

Moo, Moo Brown Cow! Have You Any Milk?

by Phillis Gershator

A bit clunky to find a tune to sing aloud. ( )
  Mad.River.Librarian | Apr 23, 2014 |
I don't always like extended nursery rhymes but I think this one works well. Wish I liked the pictures as much as the text. They have a little bit of folk-Americana-painting vibe and it's just not appealing to me. Might use a few pages of it in baby storytime though; I like the idea of talking to parents about making up their own verses to familiar rhymes with their children. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
Enjoyable twist on the nursery rhyme. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
simple, calm text ( )
  melodyreads | Dec 21, 2011 |

Moo, moo, brown cow! Have you any milk?
"Yes, sir, yes, sir," smooth as silk.
Does milk make me sleepy before I go to bed?
"Yes, sir, yes, sir," the brown cow said.

There's something about this well-known and well-loved nursery rhyme! Clever new verses not found in the original offer charming new critters and gently teach young readers a little something along the way. In verses that mimic the original Baa Baa Black Sheep cadence, a plucky young boy asks each of the farm friends he encounters about the gifts they give us, all in preparation for a bedtime snack and a dream-filled sleep. And as the sun begins to set and the animals prepare to "dream the whole night through of flowers to sip, grass to chew," the little boy asks the animals one last question.

Whether read aloud or sung, this picture book can be a rollicking tale or a perfect lulling bedtime story.

Author Phillis Gershator and illustrator Giselle Potter weave together melodic rhyme and folksy illustrations to transport children to a place of discovery and cozy contentment in this delectable read-aloud.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:25 -0400)

Through rhyming text, farm animals are asked if they have items needed to prepare for a snack and bedtime, such as wool for a blanket, down for a pillow, and milk to drink.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,331,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible