Dream Dark by Kami Garcia

I tried to imagine how Link would deal with his transformation from human to incubus and was glad to find out that I wouldn't have to imagine anymore. Unfortunately I didn't learn as much as I hoped in Dream Dark, it still seemed like Ethan and the Caster's story, not Link's as much. Although, I guess Link is now a part of the world Ethan finds himself in. Maybe this more was more of an introduction to his new world. It will be interesting to see how things progress or change for Link, especially how he continues to hide his new existence from his overbearing, meddlesome mother.

Lovable quirky Link will now be lovable quirky Linkubus. Yeah! ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
Oh, well that was a fast one. Didn't realize it was a short story! ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Very short, but a cute look into what Link thinks of, and how he goes about his transformation and dealing with things of that nature. I keep hoping for Ridley to end up being good and liking Link for real! And I'm very confused/concerned as to what the mission Link was sent on by Macon was about! Hoping to get more on that in book 3! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
A Linkubus-Linkcentric-Linktastic Tale. Quite enjoyable! ( )
  benuathanasia | Dec 14, 2015 |
“Dream Dark” tells the story of how Link slowly came to the realization that he was an Incubus. Since it only took a few pages to do that, his discovery is followed by chapters from the Caster Chronicles of his visit to Macon seeking advice and his trip through the tunnels. Read the rest of the review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/dream-dark-kami-garcia-margar... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed

When Link joined his best friend, Ethan Wate, on a quest through a mysterious network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, he knew the journey would be dangerous. But returning home to Gatlin, South Carolina was just the beginning...

Wounded during a climactic battle, Link discovers that tending his injuries won't be as simple as visiting a doctor and that healing his arm should be the least of his worries. For being bitten by a Supernatural does more than break the skin -- it changes a person, inside and out, turning Link into someone more and more like the dark creature who injured him.

In this never-before-seen short story by New York Times bestselling authors Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, listeners witness Link's heart-racing transformation. Dream Dark is set before the much-anticipated third Beautiful Creatures novel, Beautiful Chaos, and as a special bonus includes an exclusive sneak peek at the first five chapters.

Wounded during a battle, Link discovers that healing his injuries won't be as simple as viting a doctor. He was bitten by a Supernatural and those wounds change a person, inside and out, turning Link into someone more like the dark creature he fought.… (more)

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible