Every Last Kiss by Courtney Cole

Every Last Kiss

by Courtney Cole

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and the writing was delightfully detailed. I think Cleopatra is overdone, though, so I hate when she's part of anything other than Egyptian history. ( )
  larissaleescribbles | Aug 5, 2017 |
Egypt holds so much history, magic and taste of the exotic within its name. In my search for more historical fiction, I came upon this treasure by Courtney Cole. Macy is an ordinary girl, or so she thinks, until she discovers a long lost stone that ties her to the past quite literally. Within the first few chapters you are pulled into the ancient past. And not just to ancient Egypt, but during the final days of the reign of Cleopatra. It is an irresistible adventure that quickly sucks you under. What I loved most about this novel was how the author threw a teen-aged heroine into an middle aged woman's body. And somehow, Cole manages to weave Macy's story line and personality into her past incarnation as Cleopatra's handmaiden. I only wish we could have spent more time in Egypt. And I look forward to reading the sequel I bought immediately upon finishing the first. A story about true love surpassing the constraints of time, Every Last Kiss is a book you won't wanna miss. ( )
  JSilverwood | Aug 27, 2016 |
Great story! Well researched and well written, but like many indie books this one could benefit from a solid, experienced editor. ( )
  hjarta | Mar 31, 2013 |
Macy is trying to get over the betrayal of her boyfriend cheating on her. Her friends Jessica and Jennifer have decided to help her. After purging herself of his things, Macy discovers a strange bloodstone pendant. When she puts it on she is transported to ancient Egypt. Now she is Charmian, personal assistant to Cleopatra.

Charmian is a Keeper that travels through time to make sure different events happen. The memories of each life are erased when she starts her life new. She is now a week before Octavian invades Egypt and Cleopatra commits suicide. She finds her true love, Hasani, one of Mark Anthony’s person guards.

Charmian is loyal and does follow through with Fates plans, but she has this urge to change events. This leads to Cleopatra and Mark Anthony learning about the true events that are to take place when Octavian invades, the deaths of those that are needed in the invasion, and the loss of her bloodstone.

I really liked this story. I enjoyed the love story of Cleopatra and Mark Anthony and how they were such strong characters. Macy/Charmian is strong yet just can’t seem to get over how nothing much change. It was so hard to see her struggle with the soon to be loss of Hasani. I loved the ending.

This is one young adult story that I think almost everyone will like. I honestly didn’t know what I was going to get but I though the blurb was enticing. This book went above and beyond. Now I can’t wait to see what happens in Fated.

I received this book for free from a giveaway the author held. ( )
  jbronderblogs | Oct 17, 2012 |
I saw this book's Kindle listing on Amazon, and after reading that description, I could not click "download" fast enough. It has some of my very favorite elements: history, mythology, ancient Egypt, time travel/reincarnation, romance... Yeah, this was definitely right up my alley.

This book kept me reading and reading and reading, chapter after chapter, devouring Macy/Charmian's story as she tried to figure out what was true and what was not, and whether her role as a Keeper meant she should try to change fate or help fate keep its course. The details of ancient Egypt were fantastic; I could picture every room Charmian entered in Cleopatra's palace. Cole's portrayal of Cleopatra was exactly like I had always pictured her: beautiful, spoiled, but kind to those she cared about and dedicated completely to Egypt.

The only thing that bothered me a little in Every Last Kiss was the characters' tendencies toward modern ways of speaking. I'm no historian, so perhaps the phrases the characters use are older than they seem, but sometimes their word choice made me feel like I was reading a conversation from Macy's time in present-day California rather than Cleopatra's time in ancient Egypt.

The ending of Every Last Kiss was just amazing, and it's hard to talk about it without giving things away. I really appreciated the Epilogue, which wrapped up the story beautifully, and the Author's Notes, which gave a lot of great historical info about ancient Egypt and the main characters.

Full review originally posted on my blog, PidginPea's Book Nook. ( )
  PidginPea | Jul 21, 2012 |

What would you do if you held Fate in your hands? 17-year old Macy Lockhart has the weight of the world on her shoulders. For thousands of years, she has been a Keeper in the ancient organization, the Order of the Moirae… and she literally holds fate in her hands. But this is something that she forgets because her memories are wiped clean in every life until it is time for her cycle to start again. For the last two thousand years, this has never been a problem. Until now. And now…Fate, the very thing that Macy was born to keep, is being challenged and she has only one choice: To return to a previous life to fix it; a life where she was Cleopatra’s handmaiden, Charmian. And that’s not all. Unless she interferes with the fabric of time, the very thing she has returned to repair, her soul mate will die leading Marc Antony’s forces against Rome. Can she really stand aside and allow the love of her life to die all over again?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:21 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,873,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible