The Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud

The Faeries' Oracle (edition 2000)

by Brian Froud, Jessica Macbeth

Using the enchanted art of Brian Froud as your guide, enter into the wise and wonderful world of the faeries.The Faeries' Oraclecalls on sylphs, pans, gnomes -- and, of course, faeries -- to lead you on a delightful journey of adventure, discovery, and enlightenment that will illuminate the future and heal the heart and soul. This beautifully designed divination set contains everything you will need to explore this mysterious realm, including: * A complete deck of 66 radiant cards by Brian Froud featuring goblins, moon dancers, pixies, boggarts, and other faery folk we first met in Good Faeries/Bad Faeries * 208-page illustrated book with text by Jessica Macbeth, which will show you how to read the cards ofThe Faeries' Oracle,with particular instruction on personally connecting to and communicating with the faeries… (more)
Member:Michael_P
Title:The Faeries' Oracle
Authors:Brian Froud
Other authors:Jessica Macbeth
Info:Simon & Schuster (2000), Paperback, 208 pages
Tags:tarot

The Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud

English (10)  Dutch (1)  All languages (11)
confusing oracle but book and cards are well illustrated ( )
  tabicham | Jul 22, 2017 |
This book/deck really makes you exercise your own capabilities for reading cards without using someone else's definitions. It includes advice on preparing for a reading, how to read cards without using someone else's definitions, advice on working with fairies, and a good deal of other things that make you look beyond using a deck and a book.

I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I really enjoy the deck and its illustrations. They are beautifully done and presented in a great hard cover book and quality cards. ( )
  indiefishsteak | Mar 31, 2013 |
Absolutely Beautiful - I love them so much and I truly get acurate readings each time I use these cards! ( )
  gsllpeck | Mar 4, 2011 |
I have to admit that I'm one of the people who picked this up not for the tarot deck, but for the gorgeous artwork by Brian Froud. I had already seen many of the cards on his website, and could not have been more satisfied once I had them in my hands. One noticeable difference with this is that Froud is usually light and almost satirical, while Macbeth decided to take a much darker tone when it came to explainations of the cards and their meanings. I was okay with this, because his Faeries are much darker than the typical glowing pixies we see in children's books.

In the actual book, Macbeth stresses the power of the individual rather than the cards, and searching for your own meanings through the cards. While I am not much of a tarot person, it was fun to dive in with this deck and actually use the cards for what they were meant for. The cards themselves are a nice size but not unwieldy, and each seems to have its own unique feeling to it, as each faerie Froud depicts has a clear life and emotion to it. Since, as I said earlier, I am not usually one for Tarot, this was a surprisingly satisfying buy. I recommend it to all lovers of Froud's work, or just any faery lover in general. ( )
1 vote TheLeMur | Jun 4, 2009 |
Another card divination system based on the mythology of fairies. Beware these are not of the tinkerbell variety. They remind me more of Albert Gorey's work. There seems to be a balance between good and harshness in this set. ( )
  drj | Sep 8, 2008 |

Bring the insight, wisdom, and joy of the faeries into your life.

Using the enchanted art of Brian Froud as your guide, enter into the wise and wonderful world of the faeries. The Faeries' Oracle calls on sylphs, pans, gnomes -- and, of course, faeries -- to lead you on a delightful journey of adventure, discovery, and enlightenment that will illuminate the future and heal the heart and soul. This beautifully designed divination set contains everything you will need to explore this mysterious realm, including:

-A complete deck of 66 radiant cards by Brian Froud featuring goblins, moon dancers, pixies, boggarts, and other faery folk we first met in Good Faeries/Bad Faeries

-208-page illustrated book with text by Jessica Macbeth, which will show you how to read the cards of The Faeries' Oracle, with particular instruction on personally connecting to and communicating with the faeries

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,625,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible