Livvie's Song (River Of Hope, Book 1) by…

Livvie's Song (River Of Hope, Book 1) (edition 2011)

by Sharlene MacLaren

Member:Sensational
Title:Livvie's Song (River Of Hope, Book 1)
Authors:Sharlene MacLaren
Info:Whitaker House (2011), Paperback, 768 pages
Collections:Favorites

Livvie's Song (River Of Hope, Book 1) by Sharlene MacLaren

A story of a young widow, Olivia Beckman, and mother of two, struggling to make ends meet as the owner of 'Livvie's Kitchen' in Wabash, Indiana. Her cook is now resigning and Olivia needs to find help soon. This is where newly released from prison, Will Taylor, comes into the story. He is trying to make a fresh start after 10 years in prison and Wabash seems like a good place to begin. His late night visit to Livvie's Kitchen will turn into a job opportunity for him as the new cook. But what Olivia doesn't know is that his experience as a cook was in a prison cafeteria.

Will has become a new man thanks to a friend in prison who led him to the Lord. He sees God's providence in landing him this job he loves, but he will have to win over the hearts of the people in town, and especially the heart of Olivia. As the back cover states, this is "a recipe for love" that "will require sharing secrets, braving dangers, and believing God for a bright future".

Looking forward to reading the next two books in this series. l like the time period of these stories; set in the 1920's, and also the location, Wabash, Indiana (a town I have visited in the past). I have read many of this author's books, and she writes great stories! ( )
  judyg54 | Apr 13, 2017 |
Just at a time I was discouraged, I picked up this book to read. Every chapter lifts you and encourages you.
Olivia lost her beloved Frank and is struggling to keep restaurant going. Then along comes Will with a past he does not want to reveal. He gets a job as a cook as current one is leaving.
Will comes up with a way to keep restaurant afloat. But eventually his past is revealed.
Yet there is forgiveness beyond God's forgiveness. I wish I could say all churches forgive like one in this story. I have been in some that do and some that don't.
If you are struggling, read this book. There are three books in the series. This one can stand along but recommend you read it before moving on to others. Experience God's forgiveness anew and encouragement. ( )
  squiresj | Aug 12, 2013 |

"In Wabash, Indiana, circa 1926, widowed restaurateur Livvie Beckman and Christian ex-convict Will Taylor discover a recipe for romance when God works in their hearts"--Provided by publisher.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,996,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible