The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

The False Prince

by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Series: The Ascendance Trilogy (1)

Recently added bykappasigma, private library, KariBonallo, Siuleechan, -sunny-, jepeters333, DBReads
2012 (12) 2013 (12) adventure (55) audiobook (9) boys (8) deception (7) ebook (9) family (6) fantasy (120) fiction (29) impersonation (14) intrigue (8) juvenile fiction (6) Kindle (7) middle grade (15) mystery (17) orphans (36) politics (8) prince (18) read (7) read in 2012 (8) read in 2013 (8) royalty (27) secrets (7) series (25) thieves (16) to-read (52) unreliable narrator (7) YA (39) young adult (39)

English (69)  German (1)  All languages (70)
In a faraway land, civil war is brewing. To unify his kingdom's divided people, a nobleman named Connor devises a cunning plan to place an impersonator of the king's long-lost son on the throne. Four orphans are forced to compete for the role, including a defiant and clever boy named Sage. Sage knows Connor's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point - he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Connor's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of duplicity and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together. ( )
  jepeters333 | Jul 13, 2014 |
While, as usual, I was able to pick out the twist almost from the start, I loved this. The intrigue makes for a highly entertaining listen, and Sage's personality keeps the reader coming back. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Jul 10, 2014 |
This book was flat out amazing! You never know what is going to happen. It's funny, interesting, and exciting! You'll never want to put it down. 5Q5P I'd recommend this book for high school students. I chose to read this book because the cover looked really intriguing. AbigailH
  edspicer | Jun 30, 2014 |
I checked this book out from the library.

This book is a solid read with an interesting story line. The characters are complex and well-developed if not exactly the sort of people with whom you'd want to socialize. It is not spectacular for the latter reason.

I read this book with my two teen daughters and we are all on the fence about whether or not to read the next book in the series.

I give this book a B. ( )
  Velmeran | Jun 18, 2014 |
WATCH BOOK TRAILER

In a kingdom ravaged by civil war, a nobleman of the court seeks an impersonator to play the role of the king’s long-lost son in order to unify the people. He enlists a group of four orphans, including Sage, who must compete for the part. Can Sage win the part and pull off the role as a prince?
  KilmerMSLibrary | May 20, 2014 |

Jennifer A. Nielsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McWade, CharlieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mom,

Every great thing I ever learned from

you was taught by example.
If I had to do it all over again, I would not have chosen this life.

THE FALSE PRINCE is the thrilling first book in a brand-new trilogy filled with danger and deceit and hidden identities that will have readers rushing breathlessly to the end.

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point -- he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage's rivals have their own agendas as well.

As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that, in the end, may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together.

An extraordinary adventure filled with danger and action, lies and deadly truths that will have readers clinging to the edge of their seats.

In the country of Carthya, a devious nobleman engages four orphans in a brutal competition to be selected to impersonate the king's long-missing son in an effort to avoid a civil war.

94 wanted3 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,494,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible