The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

The False Prince

by Jennifer A. Nielsen

Series: The Ascendance Trilogy (1)

English (84)  German (1)  All languages (85)
I didn't think I'd like this book, but I did. I liked the suspense, intrigue, plot twists, and character development. The more I read, the more I wanted to read. ( )
  CommunityLibrarian | Nov 26, 2015 |
The problem with much of the YA literature I've read lately is that characters simply aren't likable. Disagreeable, whiny, tantrum-y little brats are being presented as hidden heroes. They don't overcome any of their negative traits. Not only do they set terrible examples for children, but they're simply not pleasant or anyone a normal person would ever root for.

That being said, the story itself was great, until the horrible, obnoxious, deus ex piss-me-off machina twist. I will likely not be continuing the trilogy (why does everything have to be a trilogy!?!?!). ( )
  benuathanasia | Nov 16, 2015 |
Omg, this is the best book I have ever read...and I've read a lot of books...
The story...the plot...everything was just amazing...
I seriously cried after I finished reading it because of its awesomeness
  elizabeth1929 | Oct 6, 2015 |
I will be honest about this book, it was ok, but i didn't get to the very end. I was simply bored. It took forever for the story to develop, and actually get to the point, but sadly by that time I've decided to move on. ( )
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
Interesting book, can't wait to finish the series. Like the main character, which is uncommon.
  mateideyr | Jul 17, 2015 |

Jennifer A. Nielsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McWade, CharlieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mom,

Every great thing I ever learned from

you was taught by example.
If I had to do it all over again, I would not have chosen this life.

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point -- he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage's rivals have their own agendas as well.

As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that, in the end, may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together.

In the country of Carthya, a devious nobleman engages four orphans in a brutal competition to be selected to impersonate the king's long-missing son in an effort to avoid a civil war.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,866,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible