The Pagan Man: Priests, Warriors, Hunters,…

The Pagan Man: Priests, Warriors, Hunters, and Drummers (2005)

by Isaac Bonewits

A definite must have for the Pagan library, whether you are male or female. Bonewits, with his usual wit and wisdom, brings several aspects of Paganism how for the Pagan Man. I added this to my collection shortly before Isaac died. So wish I had gotten the opportunity to talk with about this and other books.

A few features I really appreciated about this book: Bonewits at least talks about gay and bi men. Male aspects of the divine are looked at from multiple perspectives. The title only BEGINS to tell you what is covered in the book.
  RevKess | Mar 23, 2012 |
I can't say enough good things about this book. I got it for my hubby and ended up reading it myself. Wicca has been a religion of predominantly women, and men often feel left out. I think this book is a must read for both the sexes as a way to understanding the part men play in Wicca and Paganism in general. It also gives an interesting history lesson from the perspective of one who was there and actually met some of the players. ( )
  lkrough2 | Feb 10, 2007 |

Men’s Spirituality Today Who are the men who’ve chosen the Pagan path? They’re fathers, sons, brothers, and lovers, warriors, healers, and poets. They come from every background and profession, and they’re blazing trails into new social, cultural, and political territories, defining themselves in a faith community traditionally seen as dominated by women—yet they’ve been there all along!

Isaac Bonewits, one of America’s leading experts on ancient and modern Paganism, breaks new ground with this fascinating portrait of the fastest growing religious movement in the Western world. Drawing on interviews with over forty Pagan men—and his own forty years in the Neopagan community—he explores the issues and desires that have led tens of thousands of men to embrace Pagan spirituality. He examines the ways in which men have created, added to, and benefited from the Pagan experience, incorporating their own rituals, rites of passage, and symbols. The Pagan Man offers novices and experienced practitioners a wide range of practical information on every aspect of the Pagan lifestyle, including

Today’s most popular Pagan traditions

Sages, wise men, and well-known Pagans of our time

Bardic circles, drumming circles, and other Pagan gatherings

Drumming, dancing, and calling down the Gods

The nine virtues, codes of chivalry, and other core Pagan beliefs attracting men and boys today

Pagans and the Goddess—women as partners and Goddesses Frank, engaging, and inspirational, this book encourages Pagan men of every stripe—Wiccans, Druids, Norse Pagans, or even Masons—to step away from the shadows and stereotypes, and joyfully celebrate their own special relationships with the Gods and Goddesses of the New Old Religions.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:52 -0400)

Isaac Bonewits is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,463,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible