I Am Blind and My Dog Is Dead by S. Gross

I Am Blind and My Dog Is Dead

by S. Gross

43None267,810 (3.25)2

No reviews

Finally back in print in its original form after 30 years Sam Gross's I Am Blind and My Dog Is Dead--perhaps his best known and most loved book--is being released in a lavish hardcover introducing a new generation of readers to his unforgettable and original brand of dark humor, little match girls, confused pets, bewildered children and blind men.

A long-time contributor to The New Yorker, Sam, a legendary pioneer of bad taste, has become one of America's best-loved cartoonists and inspired many to take up the art, including John Callahan.

His drawing style is relaxed and free, his use of gray washes is remarkable, his sense of composition, without a single extra element, is unmatched. Sam Gross is a master, and I Am Blind and My Dog Is Dead is him at his best. Whether it is already an old favorite or a new discovery, this book will delight readers and have them laughing for a long time to come.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:44 -0400)

Presents a selection of comics by the "New Yorker" contributor known for his darkly comic body of work, in a volume that offers insight into the artist's free-form drawing style, use of gray washes, and sense of composition.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,440,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible