Meat May be America's Favorite Main Dish, but it still provokes plenty of questions. Are prime steaks worth the extra money? Can you make real barbecue at home? Is there a good way to keep pork chops from drying out as they cook? What's the secret to a foolproof holiday ham? If you have ever wondered about the best way to cook a particular cut of meat, then you will find Steaks, Chops, Roasts, and Ribs indispensable. Packed with more than 300 recipes, this book represents the cumulative experience and knowledge of the test cooks and editors at America's Test Kitchen. Have you ever spent $50 on prime rib only to ruin the roast at home? Have you ever made a pot roast that was tough, a steak that was charred on the outside and raw on the inside, or a beef stew that tasted no better than a can of Dinty Moore? We've tested (and retested) just about every technique, ingredient, and piece of equipment imaginable to produce reliable recipes that should work the first time -- and every time. As we like to say, we roasted 32 cuts of prime rib so you don't have to.… (more)

I need to buy this book. Cook books must WOW me before I shell out the dough.... but this is more than a cook book. It's a How-to for any meat lover.
I'll never be a vegetarian; I love meat too much (tho I love my veggies too). And the secret to good meat is: cook the cut correctly!
Excellent advise from the editors of Cook's Illustrated. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,435,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible