The Ghost Who Fell in Love by Barbara…

The Ghost Who Fell in Love

by Barbara Cartland

The Ghost who Fell in Love is #97 in the Bantam series and was published in January 1979. It is the story of Demelza and how her brother rents their home to the Earl of Trevarnon for Ascot week at an enormous rate! However, since the party is for men only, Demelza needs to leave, but has no where to go, so she decides to hide within the house and if seen, pretend to be the White Lady, ghost of the house. How she meets the earl and he saves her is the plot of one of my favorite Cartland romances! ( )
  janineshroff | Aug 4, 2010 |

The Earl put out his arms towards her. But Demelza did not move and he stopped before he touched her.

"May I kiss you?" he whispered.

"I think... if you kissed me it would be more wonderful than anything else in the world... but it would be... wrong."

"Wrong?" the Earl asked.

"It would be wrong... because you belong to someone else."

The Earl was very still.

"You took a sacred vow," she said in a low voice.

"A vow no human being would keep in the circumstances!"

Demelza did not speak.

"How can you be so cruel?" he cried. "How can you deny me what you know in your heart is rightfully mine!"

Again she did not speak.

The Earl looked into her dark, troubled eyes. He lingered on the softness of her parted lips.

"You love me!" he cried hoarsely. "You love me... and you belong to me!"

Romance. From the day that Valient, Earl of Trevarnon, came to Langston Manor, Demelza was forced to live a lie & the manor echoes to danger & intrigue before the truth is out and Valient & Demelza can share their love.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,044,790 books! | Top bar: Always visible