Hungry for Love by Barbara Cartland

Hungry for Love

by Barbara Cartland

I ran across this book on Saturday and spur of the moment decided I had to read it. I was pleasantly surprised by the humor and the strength of character in the heroin. All in all it was a light, fun way to spend a couple of hours ( )
  historicalbooklover | Dec 7, 2010 |
Hungry for Love is #52 in the Bantam series and was published in December 1976. It is the story of Araminta, who helps her brother after he loses a wager against the Marquis of Wayne. She is a fabulous cook and her uncle the general proposes that he knows a chef that is better than Careme, the Regent's chef! During this time of cooking for the Marquis, he meets and falls in love with Araminta, but offers her a carte blanche, not knowing that she is a young lady. ( )
  janineshroff | Aug 4, 2010 |

Young Araminta is an innocent lady and a great cook, to help her family in a wager, she cooking undercover for the Marquis of Wayne. After the Marquis met her, he kissed her masterfully, passionately.

"Tomorrow," he said, "I will take you to a house I have in the country. You will be safe there, and no one will insult you or assault you ever again."

Araminta felt as though an icy hand was squeezing the warmth of new love from her heart. Though young and innocent, she understood the cold meaning of his words.

"Are you... asking me..." she began.

"I am offering you my protection, Araminta. You will be mine, and we will be blissfully happy together."

Trapped in painful awareness, Araminta fled from the garden in shame.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible