Pottery Barn Bathrooms by Judith Nasatir

Pottery Barn Bathrooms

by Judith Nasatir

831145,226 (5)None

Not really a review (sorry), but notes for my own use:

This book is more practical than the Sallick "Waterworks" book, but still more inspirational than realistic. I am looking to improve a bathroom that's about 6' by 6', with a sloped ceiling - unfortunately they placed the bath under the slope, so a tall person can't comfortably shower. I have room to increase the footprint of the bath, but I don't want to enlarge it too much. I wanted ideas on possible layouts, but although this book says things like "you don't need a lot of space to achieve this look...", every bath pictured was at least 10' by 10', some with multiple rooms and pieces of furniture in them.

The information on colour palettes was good, and useful for me - I love bright colours but my use of it tends to end up looking garish and childlike, so picking one colour I love and having advice on how to use it is necessary. The very first bathroom, mostly white with blue-gray walls, was beautiful and I would love to reproduce it wholesale - but I don't have room for a separate shower and bath, two sinks, a closet and a separate room for the toilet!
  kirstenn | Aug 2, 2010 |

Judith Nasatirprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pottery Barnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0848727614, Hardcover)

Over the past 50 years, Pottery Barn has developed a reputation as a home furnishing chain with its own distinctive, elegant designs. Intended for both the serious re-modeler and the aspirational dreamer, Pottery Barn Bathrooms does a thorough job of explaining the elements that make a bathroom comfortable and stylish enough to serve as a private retreat or communal spa. Each of its ten chapters is devoted to a single subject (fixtures, lighting, color, windows). After a quick overview of basic issues related to each topic, readers are invited to tour spectacular bathrooms through luscious photos and text explaining the color palette, room plan, and materials used. While the rooms tend toward the high end in terms of materials and available space, there’s a wealth of useful advice throughout that would be welcome to almost anyone looking to spice up an existing bathroom or planning to build a new one. --David Bombeck

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:47 -0400)

A tour of well-designed bathrooms explains how to create a stylish, comfortable, and efficient bathroom that will suit individual tastes and needs, and offers advice on fittings, fixtures, color schemes, materials, and furnishings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,930,999 books! | Top bar: Always visible