Magic or Mirage? by Barbara Cartland

by Barbara Cartland

12None768,668 (3.83)None

No reviews

New York City, 1907.

Devina looked out of the window, very conscious that Gordon Thorpe's eyes were on her face.

"You are lovely in a way I did not realize when I first saw you," he said quietly. "I find myself looking at your spirit shining through your skin like a light!"

"Please... you are taking advantage of our being... alone... and why not take advantage of an opportunity that will never happen again?"

"Because it is wrong."

"Wrong?" he enquired fiercely. "Because you are a woman who is worth millions and that is supposed to put you out of reach of ordinary mortals like myself?"

Devina drew her breath. He liked her because he believed she had money. But would he feel the same if he knew the truth? Suddenly Gordon Thorpe bent towards her.

"Suppose," he said passionately, "suppose I asked you to come away with me, to forget that we were expected at the Castle, to forget the Duke is waiting for you -- would you come?"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,439,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible