Sacrifice Moon by Julie Fortune

A good book, especially considering how early in the series it falls in. The author did a good job at creating a good representation of the team and the dynamics at the time the book takes place. It's so early on in the series, but how the team interacted with one another for the most part, worked with what we would have seen in the show. The author even tied in some references from another episode further down the line, that we never saw, but it was still nice to see it tied in. I do appreciate when the authors tie the references of the show into the books, but don't beat you over the head with it.

I enjoyed the story, although by the end, I did find it tended to drag on a bit and I began to lose interest. It was good, but I think some of it could have been cut out, and progressed a little faster. It was an interesting concept and I liked the main idea behind the plot some of the twists near the end surprised me, I didn't see it coming, but thought it was slightly out of character, but still an interesting twist to say the least. I enjoyed the ending of the book, again the author did good job at showing the beginning of the bond the team has. Compared to some of the other books that happen early on in the series, this one of more better written ones at keeping the development of the team and their friendship in the right point of the show. There are times in the other books were the comfort level and development seem to be at the level from later in the series, while the actual story takes place earlier on.

Overall it was a good read. Another great choice for the Stargate Fan.

Also on my book review site Jules' Book Reviews - Sacrifice Moon ( )
  bookwormjules | Dec 1, 2012 |
Julie Fortune contributes an account of SG-1′s first mission through the stargate. The highlight of this tale is a bloodthirsty, hot and sweaty Carter. What more could you ask for?

Published in mass-market paperback by Fandemonium Books. ( )
  mmtz | May 26, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0954734319, Mass Market Paperback)

The unity of the team is threatened on their first mission.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:51 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible