The Paris Review 197 by Lorin Stein

The Paris Review 197

by Lorin Stein, Paris Review

191788,479 (3)None

This might not have been one of my favorite issues, but that doesn't mean there wasn't plenty of great stuff to take away from my reading of it. I absolutely LOVED the interview with SciFi writer William Gibson, and I intent to re-read the Samuel Delany interview as well as soon as possible. I'm not sure they published these two together on purpose, but all of Gibson's references to Delany made me appreciate BOTH interviews all the more.

The poetry was all enjoyable, but nothing stood out as a "favorite." I did, however, enjoy reading the interview with Cathy Park Hong on The Paris Review blog earlier this month; finding that interview inspired me to go back and read Hongs poems in this issue again.

Sadly, as much as I've tried, I just can't get into Roberto Bolano's "The Third Reich." I thought the second part (in this volume) was just as tedious as the first part (in v. 196). Am I just missing something?

Whatever will I do until v. 198 arrives? ( )
  bkwurm | Jun 30, 2011 |

Lorin Steinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Paris Reviewmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 085786193X, Paperback)

The Paris Review is a groundbreaking publication bringing together fiction, poetry and prose from great writers all over the world. Its legendary interview series alone represents the single most important body of work that celebrates writing about writing. Publishing quarterly, each issue is a tribute to the possibilities of the written word and under Lorin Stein's canny editorial leadership it looks set to continue and expand on what it has achieved in its illustrious life to date.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:30 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,896,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible