The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire…

The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 6) (edition 2006)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:jbemrose
Title:The Killing Dance (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 6)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Berkley Hardcover (2006), Edition: First THUS Edition, Hardcover, 368 pages
Rating:*****

The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton

Recently added byprivate library, evilcupcakes, MaireG, hjwesten, WilGbn, skmarshal, Marc_Watson, hlcoveyjr

English (38)  Italian (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (41)
I love all of Laurell K Hamilton's books but this isn't particularly one of my favorites. The angst and betrayal in this book is great, as is the action and adventure. I love how Anita is developing a shoot first, ask questions later attitude although I don't think it is very good for her. The battle of wills between Jean-Claude and Richard is palpable in this book and, for a moment, makes me glad that I'm not in Anita's shoes. Yet to have two men vying for your complete attention ought to make someone feel good, if a tad guilty. ( )
  mariahsidhe | Feb 3, 2015 |
Im not sure why but everyone annoyed me in this book. Anita is a good guy...I get that but she always feels like it's her right to know everything about everyone and everything as soon as she says 'tell me'. It just annoyed me...and RICHARD. He is such a just...I don't know...a hypocrite is one thing but I just can't stand him...ever since we met him a couple of books ago. I like Jean-Claude. He seems to be the only character who is unapologetic about who is and makes no move to try and be something that he is not.

I did enjoy this book. Lots of characters moving forward although I know this is the downward spiral for Anita (I'm re-reading)...but I am happy she finally gave in to Jean-Claude and Richard moved to the curb. This book was dark, gritty, and bloody. Lots of rape and almost rape...blood..and all kinds of crazy happening. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Edward calls letting Anita know that he’s been offered a contract to kill her. He’s going to stall until he can get to town figuring he’ll get to kill more people if he tries to protect her. Attempts are made and she’s even brought in for questioning when a vampire is killed in a magical ritual. There’s a new vampire in town that stopped drinking human blood and he’s decaying. He and his necromancer human servant approach Anita and Jean-Claude, hoping to save him. We learn more about Pack politics and Anita cements her position as a dominant.

There’s a lot going on, but it does all tie together and finding out why the hit was contracted and by whom is somewhat a surprise. There’s lots of action and plenty of emotion as Anita loves both Richard and Jean-Claude but for different reasons. And we see Richard’s struggle with what he wants to see to make things better for the Pack and what he’d have to do it achieve it, becoming something he fears.

I’ve reread this story a number of times over the years. I enjoy seeing Anita prove herself, the struggle she faces between her desire for two very different guys, the differences in philosophies and all of the twists involved before the root reason of all is revealed. ( )
  dearheart | Nov 6, 2014 |
Bene....posso dire solo...era ora! Era ora che ci fosse una svolta nella storia Anita/Richard/Jean-Claude. E che svolta! ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Feb 5, 2014 |
This series is my guilty pleasure and so far it hasn't disappointed. ( )
  lemonlibrarian | Dec 26, 2013 |
To Paty Cockrum,
fan, friend, fine artist.
You should see the pictures
she sends me of Jean-Claude.
She really is
the voice of temptation.
The most beautiful corpse I'd ever seen was sitting behind my desk.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515134511, Mass Market Paperback)

Anita Blake, vampire hunter, is now herself a hunted woman. Who put the $500,000 price on her head--a man or a monster? It's not just her own skin she needs to save; the rivalry between her werewolf boyfriend, Richard, and Marcus, the other alpha werewolf in his pack, has come to full boil. And there's always Jean-Claude, the vampire who's been waiting for just the right moment to slip inside Anita's head and heart. Don't assume anything, though--Hamilton's probably got a few more surprises in store.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:52 -0400)

Anita Blake lives a dual life as animator and vampire hunter, with a man she loves on both sides of her life, but when she becomes a wanted woman, she must choose between the two men or risk all their lives.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,955,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible