Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful Disaster (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Wrecked by Priscilla West (LISandKL)
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (180)  Italian (1)  All languages (181)
5***** Forever → ♥Travis `Mad Dog' Maddox ♥ ← Gold Stars
If my friends ask me what should they read I always recommend this one, but never done a review on this read, I decided to read it again to ensure it is still a 5 star read for me, and YEAH It still is :D

For this review I am only adding a few quotes from this book that states it all!

1st person Point of view –Abby aka Pigeon/ (18) 19 years/College student

Abby has a past and is keeping secrets. Eastern University is her new beginning. She tries to stay focussed on her life plans and not date a man who will not fit into that picture

But then she meets Travis:
When Abby met Travis in an underground fight: -
“Our next fighter doesn’t need an introduction, but because he scares the shit outta me, I’ll give him one, anyway! Shake in your boots, boys, and drop your panties, ladies! I give you: Travis ‘Mad
Dog’ Maddox!”

Kiera - “Crashing his elbow straight into the centre of Marek’s nose. Blood sprayed my face

A pair of heavy black boots stepped in front of me, diverting my attention to the floor. My eyes travelled upward; jeans spattered with blood, a set of finely-chiselled abs, a bare, tattooed chest drenched in sweat was shoved from behind.

Travis caught me by the arm before I fell forward. “Hey! Back up off her!” Travis frowned, shoving anyone who came near me. His stern expression melted into a smile at the sight my shirt, and then he dabbed my face with a towel. “Sorry about that, Pigeon.”

All the books I love has one paragraph that makes the book so much more memorable, this is my paragraph:
Travis the manwhore

“Don’t even think about it, Travis. She’s like my sister,” America warned.
“Baby,” Shepley said. “You just told him no. He’s never gonna stop, now.”
“You’re not her type,” she hedged.
Travis feigned insult. “I’m everyone’s type!”

One of them sat on Travis’ lap, the other sat beside him, pawing at his shirt.
“I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth,” America muttered (Anna’s Friend)
The blonde on Travis’ lap turned to America. “I heard that, skank.”
America grabbed her roll and threw it down the table, narrowly missing the girl’s face. Before the girl could say another word, Travis let his knees give way, sending her tumbling to the floor.
“Ouch!” she squealed, looking up at Travis.
“America’s a friend of mine. You need to find another lap, Lex.”
“Travis!” she whined, scrambling to her feet. Travis turned his attention to his plate, ignoring her

“He was the worst kind of confident. Not only was he shamelessly aware of his appeal, he was so used to women throwing themselves at him that he regarded my cool demeanour as refreshing instead of an insult."
"You like Pigeon," he said defensively. "It's a dove, an attractive girl, a winning card in poker, take your pick. You're my Pigeon."

Travis - "His eyes widened and he quivered with howling laughter. "Oh my God! You're killing me! That's it.
We have to be friends. I won't take no for an answer."

The Bet ...
" “Would you like to make a wager on that, Abby Abernathy?” he smiled, his eyes animated.
I smiled. “I’ll take that bet. I think he’ll get one in on you.”
“And if he doesn’t? What do I win?”
Travis’ mouth stretched into a wide grin. “If you win, I’ll go without sex for a month.” I raised an eyebrow and he smiled again. “But if I win, you have to stay with me for a month.”

Deleine | Feb 6, 2016 |
5***** Forever → ♥Travis `Mad Dog' Maddox ♥ ← Gold Stars

1st person Point of view –Abby aka Pigeon/ (18) 19 years/College student

But then she meets Travis:
When Abby met Travis in an underground fight: -
Dog’ Maddox!”

Travis the manwhore

“Don’t even think about it, Travis. She’s like my sister,” America warned.
“Baby,” Shepley said. “You just told him no. He’s never gonna stop, now.”
“You’re not her type,” she hedged.
Travis feigned insult. “I’m everyone’s type!”

One of them sat on Travis’ lap, the other sat beside him, pawing at his shirt.
The blonde on Travis’ lap turned to America. “I heard that, skank.”
“Ouch!” she squealed, looking up at Travis.
“America’s a friend of mine. You need to find another lap, Lex.”

We have to be friends. I won't take no for an answer."

The Bet ...
I smiled. “I’ll take that bet. I think he’ll get one in on you.”
“And if he doesn’t? What do I win?”

Deleine | Feb 6, 2016 |
Really enjoyed it! Got mad at Pigeon a lot lol. Finished the book in one day! ( )
  LindzAdsFan | Jan 30, 2016 |
Abby Abernathy is trying to run away and start fresh from her life in Kansas. She's Nineteen and moved to the east coast of the country for college and is expecting a typical first year of school however, that is not the case. She falls for a guy that is going to lead her down the same path but needless to say it's the right path in the end.

I liked this story. It was a super fast read (*cough* read it in one day *cough*). The characters are really likeable. Don't get me wrong the main character is completely clueless at certain points in the book, but which ones aren't? I laughed at parts, went "OMG seriously, that wouldn't happen in real life at parts, and in other parts wished things like that happened to me (I'm a hopeless romantic and can't help it).

I would recommend this book to anyone that likes young adult smut, because more or less this is what it was....AND I LOVED IT! ( )
  alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |

alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,254,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible