Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful Disaster (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Wrecked by Priscilla West (LISandKL)
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (215)  Italian (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (217)

Okay this book is good..

I'm not going to lie it had me squealing like a grade 8 (yes I know that's embarrassing).
It was an easy read and a fun one.

Okay the plot ...

It's that typical relationship you find in a trailer in Texas I love you I hate you You break glass you scream and curse and then... ;)

Travis Maddox the bad boy, the player, the heartless, the boy every girl wants to be with. The boy every girl dreams of taming (kinky I know). Just because they know he is going to screw them and treat them like trash (Because nothing attracts a girls more than a douche bag).

Then one day from high above the white pigeon doth came and Travis will this girl finally be able to make his heart beat again or will her dark past keep them apart?

THEMES

LOVE vs Hate
Love VS lust
Jealousy
Friendship
Family

Recommendations :

I'd say 17 and up. The setting is in the student life and this is mostly a chick book (If you read line 3 you'd notice "squeal" ;) )

What I hated :

Okay why if it made me squeal did i give it a(SPOILER :p RATING : 3.2 )
BECAUSE the way it was written

:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
:'(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was to desperate to specific!!!!!!

I had every detail handed on a silver platter from the beginning I mean if you look at someone do you see something hidden in their eyes the day you meet them ? Do you notice every detail and describe it with 5 words??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The only reason it aint a two is because Travis is just plain hot :).

Rating (yup you guessed it) :

*** (sad whistle noise...Sorry Travis)

=)

SnowBookHollow | Apr 13, 2016 |
Addictive. Fully dysfunctional and I loved it. ( )
  mashiaraqcs | Mar 29, 2016 |
it was ok - not sure what all the excitement is about. There are many books that are better. this was almost young adult in content, and it actually reminded me of high school not college. its a marrage that will never last! ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
This is one of those books that I put off reading, and now I’m wondering why the hell I waited so long.

I freaking love Abby and Travis. They are both stubborn and refuse to back down from each other. Abby is such a great character. She wants to start a new life, and fear she will fall back into her past if she becomes entangled with Travis. Travis is tough, and doesn’t give a damn what people think of him… until he meets Abby.

I love the roller coaster of emotions these two characters go through. People are definitely not what they seem. Travis and Abby prove this point. Beautiful Disaster shows crazy love at it’s finest. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,255,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible