Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful Disaster (1)

Recently added bytwilliams20, hooked2books, private library, sreeparna, blog_gal, Chantale22
    Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (148)  Italian (1)  All languages (149)
Travis and Abby take the term "emotional roller-coaster" to a whole new level, but I enjoyed every heart stopping minute of the ride. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 17, 2014 |
Just as amazing as the first time I read it, even more so! Can't wait to find out Travis' POV, since Abby's is fresh on my mind :-) ( )
  BooksToBreathe | Jul 2, 2014 |
I absolutely loved this story and could not put it down. ( )
  RomansGirl | Jun 19, 2014 |
Things I learned from this book:

1. To really sell "bad ass" as a character trait, make your character a smoker with lots of tattoos, and give him a Harley.
2. College cafeterias and classes are so similar to high school that you can't even tell the difference.
3. It's okay for smart, enlightened college students on scholarship to throw tantrums when things don't go their way. Who needs counseling?
4. You can say no to the mob, even after you said yes, and they will leave you alone without any problems.

Seriously, there were really nice moments in this book, but as I reflect, I can't say I loved it. The first half was definitely the best part, and then things started to unravel. I'm also not quite sure if it was meant to be a YA book or not. There was potential for greatness here. Maybe they will fix it in the movie version... ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
Ahh all refreshed and now I am jumping into Walking Disaster :) review to come later on

Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

509 wanted7 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,630,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible