Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful Disaster (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Wrecked by Priscilla West (LISandKL)
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (215)  Italian (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (217)
5***** Forever → ♥Travis `Mad Dog' Maddox ♥ ← Gold Stars
If my friends ask me what should they read I always recommend this one, but never done a review on this read, I decided to read it again to ensure it is still a 5 star read for me, and YEAH It still is :D

For this review I am only adding a few quotes from this book that states it all!

1st person Point of view –Abby aka Pigeon/ (18) 19 years/College student

Abby has a past and is keeping secrets. Eastern University is her new beginning. She tries to stay focussed on her life plans and not date a man who will not fit into that picture

But then she meets Travis:
When Abby met Travis in an underground fight: -
“Our next fighter doesn’t need an introduction, but because he scares the shit outta me, I’ll give him one, anyway! Shake in your boots, boys, and drop your panties, ladies! I give you: Travis ‘Mad
Dog’ Maddox!”

Kiera - “Crashing his elbow straight into the centre of Marek’s nose. Blood sprayed my face

A pair of heavy black boots stepped in front of me, diverting my attention to the floor. My eyes travelled upward; jeans spattered with blood, a set of finely-chiselled abs, a bare, tattooed chest drenched in sweat was shoved from behind.

Travis caught me by the arm before I fell forward. “Hey! Back up off her!” Travis frowned, shoving anyone who came near me. His stern expression melted into a smile at the sight my shirt, and then he dabbed my face with a towel. “Sorry about that, Pigeon.”

All the books I love has one paragraph that makes the book so much more memorable, this is my paragraph:
Travis the manwhore

“Don’t even think about it, Travis. She’s like my sister,” America warned.
“Baby,” Shepley said. “You just told him no. He’s never gonna stop, now.”
“You’re not her type,” she hedged.
Travis feigned insult. “I’m everyone’s type!”

One of them sat on Travis’ lap, the other sat beside him, pawing at his shirt.
“I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth,” America muttered (Anna’s Friend)
The blonde on Travis’ lap turned to America. “I heard that, skank.”
America grabbed her roll and threw it down the table, narrowly missing the girl’s face. Before the girl could say another word, Travis let his knees give way, sending her tumbling to the floor.
“Ouch!” she squealed, looking up at Travis.
“America’s a friend of mine. You need to find another lap, Lex.”
“Travis!” she whined, scrambling to her feet. Travis turned his attention to his plate, ignoring her

“He was the worst kind of confident. Not only was he shamelessly aware of his appeal, he was so used to women throwing themselves at him that he regarded my cool demeanour as refreshing instead of an insult."
"You like Pigeon," he said defensively. "It's a dove, an attractive girl, a winning card in poker, take your pick. You're my Pigeon."

Travis - "His eyes widened and he quivered with howling laughter. "Oh my God! You're killing me! That's it.
We have to be friends. I won't take no for an answer."

The Bet ...
" “Would you like to make a wager on that, Abby Abernathy?” he smiled, his eyes animated.
I smiled. “I’ll take that bet. I think he’ll get one in on you.”
“And if he doesn’t? What do I win?”
Travis’ mouth stretched into a wide grin. “If you win, I’ll go without sex for a month.” I raised an eyebrow and he smiled again. “But if I win, you have to stay with me for a month.”

Deleine | May 10, 2016 |

Okay this book is good..

I'm not going to lie it had me squealing like a grade 8 (yes I know that's embarrassing).
It was an easy read and a fun one.

Okay the plot ...

It's that typical relationship you find in a trailer in Texas I love you I hate you You break glass you scream and curse and then... ;)

Travis Maddox the bad boy, the player, the heartless, the boy every girl wants to be with. The boy every girl dreams of taming (kinky I know). Just because they know he is going to screw them and treat them like trash (Because nothing attracts a girls more than a douche bag).

Then one day from high above the white pigeon doth came and Travis will this girl finally be able to make his heart beat again or will her dark past keep them apart?

THEMES

LOVE vs Hate
Love VS lust
Jealousy
Friendship
Family

Recommendations :

I'd say 17 and up. The setting is in the student life and this is mostly a chick book (If you read line 3 you'd notice "squeal" ;) )

What I hated :

Okay why if it made me squeal did i give it a(SPOILER :p RATING : 3.2 )
BECAUSE the way it was written

:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
:'(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was to desperate to specific!!!!!!

I had every detail handed on a silver platter from the beginning I mean if you look at someone do you see something hidden in their eyes the day you meet them ? Do you notice every detail and describe it with 5 words??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The only reason it aint a two is because Travis is just plain hot :).

Rating (yup you guessed it) :

*** (sad whistle noise...Sorry Travis)

=)

SnowBookHollow | Apr 13, 2016 |
Addictive. Fully dysfunctional and I loved it. ( )
  mashiaraqcs | Mar 29, 2016 |
it was ok - not sure what all the excitement is about. There are many books that are better. this was almost young adult in content, and it actually reminded me of high school not college. its a marrage that will never last! ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
This is one of those books that I put off reading, and now I’m wondering why the hell I waited so long.

I freaking love Abby and Travis. They are both stubborn and refuse to back down from each other. Abby is such a great character. She wants to start a new life, and fear she will fall back into her past if she becomes entangled with Travis. Travis is tough, and doesn’t give a damn what people think of him… until he meets Abby.

I love the roller coaster of emotions these two characters go through. People are definitely not what they seem. Travis and Abby prove this point. Beautiful Disaster shows crazy love at it’s finest. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,101 books! | Top bar: Always visible