Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful [McGuire] (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Wrecked by Priscilla West (LISandKL)
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (224)  Italian (1)  Czech (1)  All (226)
Couldn't bring myself to finish it. Way too teenage angsty for me, with a wimpy, completely clueless female character (definitely not a heroine) and an overbearing, controlling male character (again, definitely not a hero). GAG. ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |

Ok I am taking middle of the road with this book. I really enjoyed the book because it was a good story. Yes Abby and Travis are two completely dysfunctional individuals but that's the point, this is a romantic story about a relationship between two dysfunctional individuals. I can't say the book is terrible just because I don't happen to be dysfunctional like said individuals or because i don't agree with the choices they make. I am open minded enough to say that although I can't completely relate to Abby and Travis or there relationship, their story did draw me in and it was a fascinating ride.

I said middle of the road so, having said all of that, I will say I didn't find it addictive. I really loved the book, I read it all in one sitting, I may read it again in the future but that's as far as it goes. It is a really enjoyable read but it's not the best book I've ever read. ( )
  Charli30902 | Jan 5, 2017 |
3.5 stars. Not horrible. Not great. :) ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
No doubt about it this book is 5 out of 5.

If you love a good girl getting mixed up with a bad boy then you have to read this! Abby goes to college with her best friend and her life goes from calm to messed up in no time. She meets sexy, cut Travis Maddox and becomes completely consumed in his bad boy world. Travis earns money fighting in an underground fight club and has every girl drooling over him. When him and Abby's life intertwines they make a bet where if Abby loses she has to live with him for a month or if he wins he has to stay abstinent for a month. The outcome of the bet leads to a messed up relationship with tons of suspense and passion. They expose their secrets to one another and start the journey of a beautiful disaster. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I know I am the majority on this but...

This was horrible. Granted I did not manage to finish it but I have no desire to. After getting through the first hundred or so pages I found myself still disliking all the characters except perhaps Shep and occasionally America. I read other reviews on here in the hopes of finding it was worth reading and the characters would reach some amazing transformation. Instead the first review has a quote from the book where Travis breaks into a stalkeresk violent rage over Abby leaving him after sleeping with him. He can one night stand every girl on campus but if a girl ever does it to him it is so justified that he wig out. *rolls eyes*

I hate the idea that I am supposed to be attracted to an overly possessive, playboy, violent, ass because I guess he had a bad childhood so it is ok. Plus we like bad boys. Uhmm no I don't. I don't like books that teach girls this behavior is ok and even attractive. I can't stress enough how disgusting that is for me.

So if you don't like girls who are push overs and men who are violently and stalker possessive I'd avoid this book, if you're into that go for it. I would suggest not making the mistake of buying it like I did and just get it from a library or something first. Ugh. ( )
  Alexis_D. | Sep 22, 2016 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionscalculated
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the fans whose love for a story turned a wish into the book in your hand
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,385,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible