Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful Disaster (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Wrecked by Priscilla West (LISandKL)
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (219)  Italian (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (221)
It was the story of my life.. I compared myself to Abby the one who did everything I could in life to be the good girl but, I dated the guys just like Travis. The man that everyone wanted, mine actually fault locally in fights just like Travis, the one who did not know how to be faithful. I know how mine turned out and I do not believe in the happy ending. Mine is in prison for 22 years for pulling out a gun and shooting someone. I want to kick Abby and tell her she deserves her prince. Maybe Travis is the prince maybe he is not but what I do know is that he is going to do many more things and I do not think Abby is strong enough to deal with them.

“-It's over. Go home.
-You're my home.”
― Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster

However, then Travis does stuff like this and I melt. I remember the days and I remember my impromptu first wedding in the prison. I hope that Abby's life does not turn out the way my story did but it scares me that this tells so much about my life. This book was my dictionary, the thesaurus to my life. It is everything that I was but nothing of what I have become.

I think the parts I hated were the parts that I knew the outcome. It is always the same I changed, I am different, and you are my everything. Anytime that I decided to move on he ruined it.

Beautiful Disaster was MY Story and I still cannot grasp my emotions as I finished this book.
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I loved this book and read it in one sitting! Yeah it had it's issues, like Travis's controlling ways and the whole Vegas part could've been left out, but I couldn't put it down! I loved the characters and I'm still thinking about Travis Maddox. Holy cow, can I get some of that?! Looking forward to reading Walking Disaster. ( )
  Tabatha014 | Aug 4, 2016 |
It appealed to me, I love to read, but if it doesn't grab me fairly quickly, I will just stop reading it. I have already read this book several times. It is typical young people behaviour but a good never know what is happening next read.
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
Holy. Mother. Of. Yea. This book was AMAZING! Once I picked it up I could NOT put down! Ms. McGuire did a fabulous job with this story. I opened the first page and instantly became a part of life at Eastern university. The ride she took me on was incredibly unforgettable! I haven’t found a book this awesome since I picked up Taking Chances by Molly McAdams.

The characters in this book instantly steal your heart. I instantly fell in love with sweet Abby aka Pigeon. Her tender heart just wanted a new start but when she met Mad Dog Maddox…….oh my heart was gone for the duration! The incredible tension, the sizzling sparks of attraction between Pigeon and Mad Dog…….mmmmmmm. I felt every glorifying emotion like they were my own. That was an amazing feeling!

Ms. McGuire has extreme talent. She creates a real-to-life story of under ground fighting, best friends and what it means to find The One. This is most definitely a story that is worthy of so much more than a simple five star review. It’s keeper shelf worthy, it’s highest of recommendations worthy, it’s top of the reread list worthy. Ms. McGuire, you have a new stalker…..err…..life long fan in me and I can’t wait to read Travis’s story in WALKING DISASTER! ( )
  CafinatedReads | Jun 5, 2016 |
The tough independent woman in me hates this book. Violent tempers are NEVER tolerable... the alpha male desperately needed a crash course in anger management and perhaps some AA meetings or even REHAB.
The girly girl in me loves the book strictly for trashy entertainment purposes. Who doesn't like to watch a trainwreck?
Very unrealistic is the fact that The alpha male never gets arrested or charges pressed against him for acting like a complete idiot.
This is much similar to the trashy characters from Jersey Shore Ronnie/Sammy. They are all train wrecks but you cant help but be entertained and watch. ( )
  XoVictoryXo | May 31, 2016 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the fans whose love for a story turned a wish into the book in your hand
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,340,084 books! | Top bar: Always visible