Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful [McGuire] (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Wrecked by Priscilla West (LISandKL)
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (225)  Italian (1)  Czech (1)  All (227)
It's not my favorite YA/NA novel but it was a fun and fast read. There were plenty of things that I love about it; probably because it exhibited a lot of similarities to Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey. I mean Travis was simply a younger, angrier, human version of Edward Cullen and Christian Grey. And Abby is simply shades of Bella Swan and Anastasia Steele with a perceived darker and shadier past. I enjoyed the craziness of the relationship of the two main characters but it's not new nor uncharted grounds - but most relationships in books are pretty typical. The ending felt rushed and I felt like it could have been expanded into a longer book or an additional book but this isn't the kind of story to create sequels out of. The positive thing about this book is that we get Travis' point of view in Walking Disaster - unlike Midnight Sun where fans are still anxiously waiting to see if Stephenie Meyer will ever finish the novel of Edward's point of view. ( )
  jthao_02 | May 18, 2017 |
Great beginning to a great series! I really enjoyed reading about Abby and Travis. All the romance, angst, frustration was just fantastic. Definitely recommend this to fans of romance novels. ( )
  Crystal423 | May 1, 2017 |
Abby, a good girl (no swearing, no drinking) meets Travis, a bad boy (tough, fighter, tattooed)

Travis is a very hot, charming womanizer who instantly becomes captivated by Abby. Abby is also instantly captivated by Travis, no matter how hard she tries not to be.

He makes a deal with her and if he wins she has to live with him for a month.

jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
Couldn't bring myself to finish it. Way too teenage angsty for me, with a wimpy, completely clueless female character (definitely not a heroine) and an overbearing, controlling male character (again, definitely not a hero). GAG. ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |

Ok I am taking middle of the road with this book. I really enjoyed the book because it was a good story. Yes Abby and Travis are two completely dysfunctional individuals but that's the point, this is a romantic story about a relationship between two dysfunctional individuals. I can't say the book is terrible just because I don't happen to be dysfunctional like said individuals or because i don't agree with the choices they make. I am open minded enough to say that although I can't completely relate to Abby and Travis or there relationship, their story did draw me in and it was a fascinating ride.

I said middle of the road so, having said all of that, I will say I didn't find it addictive. I really loved the book, I read it all in one sitting, I may read it again in the future but that's as far as it goes. It is a really enjoyable read but it's not the best book I've ever read. ( )
  Charli30902 | Jan 5, 2017 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionscalculated
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the fans whose love for a story turned a wish into the book in your hand
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,378,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible