Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful Disaster (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (154)  Italian (1)  All languages (155)
I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to pick this book up but I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. Definitely too "50 shades like" for me. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
This book sort of disappointed me. I think the hype was too high. Yes, it was well written, and yes all the characters were quite likable and believable, but... there was just something missing for me. I grew very frustrated with Abbey with her stubborn obliviousness/refusal to acknowledge Trav's feelings for her, or more specifically, hers for him. And I found myself liking Travis much more than I liked Abbey. She was just too fucking (deliberately?) clueless and because of that she was annoying.

Aside from that I enjoyed the book. It was well written and interesting, and I even laughed aloud a few times! ( )
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Holy crap. This was one of the best books I have read in awhile. It immediately sucked me in so hard that I read it in two sittings. My mother recommended it to me, telling me to give it 50 pages. I was crying by page 60 because I was already so emotionally invested in the characters. I'm not sure I agree with how the book ended, but I don't actually care either. Just. So. Good. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
I have read all the negative things about this book but I am still in love! I read this book in one sitting, a definite guilty pleasure! ( )
  BrittanyElsen | Sep 24, 2014 |
An alternate title for this book could be: A Study in Unhealthy and Abusive Relationships. I read this to find out why some people love this, and some loathe it. The book wasn't bad, per se. The characters have serious problems with impulse control and long term planning. In the real world, Travis would have been arrested for assault and battery numerous times. Abby is far too forgiving of his behavior. I was in shock at how Abby could forgive Travis over and over for the stunts he pulls. Travis proclaims that all of his erratic behavior is because he loves her, etc. Stupidest excuse ever. He always tells her that he will never be violent towards her. Yeah, that's what every abuser says before it actually happens. I hope nobody reads this and thinks that Travis is someone to be desired and this book represents a healthy relationship. ( )
  LISandKL | Sep 4, 2014 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

509 wanted7 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,396,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible