Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (2011)

by Jamie McGuire

Series: Beautiful [McGuire] (1)

Easy by Tammara Webber (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.
    Wrecked by Priscilla West (LISandKL)
    Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James (amz310783)
    amz310783: Beautiful Disaster reminded me of Fifty Shades, except loads better (I think this is how Fifty Shades should have been written.)

English (221)  Italian (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (223)
No doubt about it this book is 5 out of 5.

If you love a good girl getting mixed up with a bad boy then you have to read this! Abby goes to college with her best friend and her life goes from calm to messed up in no time. She meets sexy, cut Travis Maddox and becomes completely consumed in his bad boy world. Travis earns money fighting in an underground fight club and has every girl drooling over him. When him and Abby's life intertwines they make a bet where if Abby loses she has to live with him for a month or if he wins he has to stay abstinent for a month. The outcome of the bet leads to a messed up relationship with tons of suspense and passion. They expose their secrets to one another and start the journey of a beautiful disaster. ( )
  ReadersCandyb | Oct 7, 2016 |
I know I am the majority on this but...

This was horrible. Granted I did not manage to finish it but I have no desire to. After getting through the first hundred or so pages I found myself still disliking all the characters except perhaps Shep and occasionally America. I read other reviews on here in the hopes of finding it was worth reading and the characters would reach some amazing transformation. Instead the first review has a quote from the book where Travis breaks into a stalkeresk violent rage over Abby leaving him after sleeping with him. He can one night stand every girl on campus but if a girl ever does it to him it is so justified that he wig out. *rolls eyes*

I hate the idea that I am supposed to be attracted to an overly possessive, playboy, violent, ass because I guess he had a bad childhood so it is ok. Plus we like bad boys. Uhmm no I don't. I don't like books that teach girls this behavior is ok and even attractive. I can't stress enough how disgusting that is for me.

So if you don't like girls who are push overs and men who are violently and stalker possessive I'd avoid this book, if you're into that go for it. I would suggest not making the mistake of buying it like I did and just get it from a library or something first. Ugh. ( )
  Alexis_D. | Sep 22, 2016 |
It was the story of my life.. I compared myself to Abby the one who did everything I could in life to be the good girl but, I dated the guys just like Travis. The man that everyone wanted, mine actually fault locally in fights just like Travis, the one who did not know how to be faithful. I know how mine turned out and I do not believe in the happy ending. Mine is in prison for 22 years for pulling out a gun and shooting someone. I want to kick Abby and tell her she deserves her prince. Maybe Travis is the prince maybe he is not but what I do know is that he is going to do many more things and I do not think Abby is strong enough to deal with them.

“-It's over. Go home.
-You're my home.”
― Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster

However, then Travis does stuff like this and I melt. I remember the days and I remember my impromptu first wedding in the prison. I hope that Abby's life does not turn out the way my story did but it scares me that this tells so much about my life. This book was my dictionary, the thesaurus to my life. It is everything that I was but nothing of what I have become.

I think the parts I hated were the parts that I knew the outcome. It is always the same I changed, I am different, and you are my everything. Anytime that I decided to move on he ruined it.

Beautiful Disaster was MY Story and I still cannot grasp my emotions as I finished this book.
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I loved this book and read it in one sitting! Yeah it had it's issues, like Travis's controlling ways and the whole Vegas part could've been left out, but I couldn't put it down! I loved the characters and I'm still thinking about Travis Maddox. Holy cow, can I get some of that?! Looking forward to reading Walking Disaster. ( )
  Tabatha014 | Aug 4, 2016 |
It appealed to me, I love to read, but if it doesn't grab me fairly quickly, I will just stop reading it. I have already read this book several times. It is typical young people behaviour but a good never know what is happening next read.
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants--and needs--to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis's apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match."--From publisher description.
added by kthomp25 | editFrom publisher description

Jamie McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zeltner, HenrietteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the fans whose love for a story turned a wish into the book in your hand
Everything in the room screamed that I didn’t belong.

Travis Maddox, Eastern University's playboy, makes a bet with good girl Abby that if he loses, he will remain abstinent for a month, but if he wins, Abby must live in his apartment for the same amount of time.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,702,333 books! | Top bar: Always visible