The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of…

The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the…

by Eliot Coleman

Gardening When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times by Steve Solomon (Wmt477)
    Wmt477: Along side of Eliot Coleman's New Organic Grower, Steve Solomon's Gardening When It Counts are the two best books for small plot vegetable growers I have read. I highly recommend reading both books, then quitting your office job and become an organic farmer, selling produce you grow year round.… (more)

Fantastic seemingly quality information. I know Coleman can get criticized because of his popularity, but from this book I can completely understand this popularity. He is clear, seemingly practical, and has a sound philosophy to base from. I have no idea if he truly 'practices what he preaches' and all but I love what he preaches. His intentional and thought-as-input style of farming is exactly what drew me to the field in the first place. I definitely feel like this is a reference book that I will draw upon in the future and a great buy. I don't necessarily know if his methods are all applicable to a raised bed style farm like mine but I do hope to use some of his practices. And even more important in the long term may be his practice of continual inquisition, observation and improvement. ( )
  FarmerNick | Aug 31, 2015 |

Covers soil, farm economics and labor, crop planning, equipment, green manures, tillage, organic fertilizers, pests, and livestock.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,849,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible