A Bad Kitty Christmas by Nick Bruel

A Bad Kitty Christmas (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Nick Bruel

Member:thewanderingjew
Title:A Bad Kitty Christmas
Authors:Nick Bruel
Info:
Rating:*****

A Bad Kitty Christmas by Nick Bruel (2011)

A fun Bad Kitty Christmas tale. The only drawback is the alphabetical names aren't agin as other bad kitty books. But the warm hearted tale and ending are wonderful. ( )
  capiam1234 | Dec 26, 2013 |
Looks like a funny story about the trouble a cat gets into during christmas. From reading other reviews it also helps to teach students their alphabet.
  MirandaR | Dec 8, 2013 |
A Bad Kitty Christmas by Nick Bruel is the first picture book in the series after a long run of the hybrid graphic novels. It's Christmas time and Kitty is up to her old tricks — making for a disastrous Christmas for her family and Poor Puppy.

The book could have just been another alphabetic rhyming picture book that chronicles Bad Kitty's antics. That would have been cute. The first ABC list shows all the creative and demented ways Kitty destroys the Christmas themed things in the house. The second list outlines all the presents she hopes to receive. It's a Christmas themed reprise of Bad Kitty.

But the book has more drama and more heart to it. Bad Kitty and Poor Puppy are separated from their family for Christmas. In the last ABC list, Bad Kitty learns about the importance of family, especially during holidays. Except for the Christmas theme — the family part is pretty inclusive of all types of families. ( )
  pussreboots | Jul 31, 2013 |
Bad Kitty fans will disappointed and new ones may be won over. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
Bad Kitty Christmas is a play on 'The Night Before Christmas' but for cat lovers. Telling the tale of Bad Kitty and the mischief she gets up to on Christmas Eve, this story will have cat lovers nodding sagely as they encounter familiar antics.

It's doubtless a great pick for children but as I don't have any, I read it for myself and really enjoyed it (well, actually I listened to the audio version but more on that later). The kitty is naughty but lovable and the message behind the story is very touching: accept your kitty's naughtiness - it's part of owning cats and you'd miss them terribly if they were gone.

I got the audiobook version from Audible and I must admit if I were rating this on that alone, I probably wouldn't be able to give it more than 3 stars. I just don't think the reading does it justice. However, having looked at the book illustrations and based this review on the merit of the poem itself and the illustrations within the book, I feel fully justified in giving it four stars.

A lovely fun poem for Christmas for pet and cat lovers! ( )
  donnambr | Jan 12, 2013 |

After destroying all of the gifts and decorations at home, Bad Kitty escapes from the car on Christmas Eve and finds a new friend, who helps her learn the true meaning of Christmas.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,380,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible