Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1)…

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) (Penryn and the End of Days) (edition 2012)

by Susan Ee

1,1931426,721 (4.16)31
Member:tripsis
Title:Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) (Penryn and the End of Days)
Authors:Susan Ee
Info:Amazon Children's Publishing (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 290 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****

Angelfall by Susan Ee

The Changeover by Margaret Mahy (Anonymous user)
    The Time of the Ghost by Diana Wynne Jones (Anonymous user)
    Sunshine by Robin McKinley (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Both feature a plucky teenage heroine and an atypical love interest. Neither involves sappy eyeroll-inducing romantic dialogue. As I read Angelfall, I was immediately reminded of Sunshine, however Angelfall is a much better book. If you liked Sunshine, you might like Angelfall. I personally hated Sunshine, but enjoyed Angelfall.… (more)

English (139)  Piratical (1)  All languages (140)
More enjoyable than the average YA paranormal post-apocalpytic romance. It was entertaining and quick paced. Suitable for reading in one sitting. However, the writing lacks nuance. (Example: a mother with schizophrenia acts like a caricature of a mentally ill person). The premise, characters, plot, etc., are obvious, unoriginal and predictable. (Nutshell version: Beautiful, emotionally traumatized yet uber competent badass heroine must rescue kidnapped, innocent golden hearted paraplegic little sister, meets super powerful paranormal Adonis, they go on the mission and do badass things... okay, I'm sure you see where this is going.) Nothing new here but still fun to read. ( )
  Pretear | Jul 23, 2016 |
Strong characters in a fascinating world. ( )
  LaPhenix | Jul 22, 2016 |
One that is stuck with me...Six stars This is my review I wrote about 3 months ago:

I loved this book...and I am trying to be patient while I wait for the second book to come out. I actually read it about 7 months ago, and I finally decided to write a actual review. I bought this book when it was 99¢, and now its 2.99, and it is so worth that price (so buy it). It is good (really good, actually) paranormal, not over the top, stupid paranormal.

Only two more months to go...give or take a day. ( )
  Leah422 | Jul 10, 2016 |
It was a great book and I'm looking forward to reading the second one.

Longer review soon. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
So yeah...I have read this easily 4 times...and will be doing so again very soon. Book 3 out May 12th.

Raffe
" ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |

Susan Eeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davies, CaitlinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ironically, since the attacks, the sunsets have been glorious.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

"It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back. Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel. Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl. Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again." -- P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Susan Ee is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,568,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible