The Paperboys Club by Mobashar Qureshi

The Paperboys Club

by Mobashar Qureshi

3820298,882 (3.93)None

Genius teens, a genius adult residing in a mental institution, single parent cop with a partner, and several bad people all come together when revisiting a cold case. The characters stay true to form and each has a role to play. There are a few loose ends with some of the subplots, but overall it was enjoyable. ( )
  bemislibrary | Jul 31, 2016 |
Mobashar Qureshi is an author that has fast become one of my favorites. Every story has been different to the extreme but every one of them have been thoroughly readable and this one is no exception. Excellent Sci-fi / Thriller that I finished at work in about 3 hours (Don't tell my boss). Detective Sam Banter and her partner Detective Bashi are trying to solve a cold case of a murdered child that is pointing towards officer misconduct. After meeting Clarence at the mental hospital that the childs mother ended up in and Sam meets him and he tells her things he couldn't possible know, she listens. Hard to put down and an excellent way to spend an afternoon in the sun. I would also love to read a sequel. ( )
  Scoshie | Jun 24, 2012 |
The story was okay with a lot of potential. However, the start was dragging. The real action only starts towards the end. I think the author tried to be dramatic, subtlety revealing information but it just didn't work. I guess the coherence was a problem and there were a lot of scenes that I think is not important that the author could have just removed. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | May 29, 2012 |
Paperboy Club by Mobashar Qureshi
4 Stars
Would recommend reading it. a crime thriller with supernatural on the side.
Detective Samantha Banter's up for promotion and is given a cold case of a murdered 5 year old to solve. Their is given a assualt case to the other guy up for the promtion to see how they handle the cases.
Samantha is a single mother.
Marryann is shy and doesn't make friends easy but soon is part of a group called paperboy club. They all have different problems and talents. They are meeting after school in the janator room.
Samantha in looking up the case finds the husband was in jail on selling Heroin at time of death and is missing now. When she is trying to find out what really happened to the boy she is led to a mental hospital where she finds Clarence.
Clarence can hold things and gets information from them and helps to find the truth and the father. Clarence can also tell when someone is lying around him.
He is being kept in mental hospital because he beat up a guy that he knew what he was really doing to hurt others. Know one believes him until Samantha does and helps her and her partner to solve the murder.
I was listening to the story on my kindle and did get lost in a few times, but
that was probably my fault. I do enjoy his mysterys books and will read more books by him. I was given this ebook in exchange of honest review from librarything. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 21, 2012 |
I received my copy of this ebook from LibraryThing Early reviewers.

I really enjoyed this book. Mobashar Qureshi's writing style tends towards very short paragraphs but once I got used to the rhythm of it it was very easy to get pulled into the story. The characters were very distinct and I was able to follow the different story lines without any problems. I do wish he had taken a little more time with the last part of the book. As the story lines come together the pace of the story naturally picks up but the end felt a bit rushed. Almost abrupt. I do hope there will be a sequel, I would like to read more about these characters and learn how their lives develop after the events at the end. I will definitely recommend this book to my friends. ( )
  SciFantasyFan | Dec 27, 2011 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mobashar Qureshi's book The Paperboys Club was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Mobashar Qureshi is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible