The October Five by Mobashar Qureshi

The October Five

by Mobashar Qureshi

This is a fast and steady paced mystery about Detective Karl Whaler methodical search to find out who killed Mark Mansfled and why. As the bodies keep piling up, Detective Whaler begins to put the pieces together. He knows the how and he suspects there is a stronger relationship between the killer and victims. The subplot set in Vietnam provides some answers, but throws the pacing off a little bit. ( )
  bemislibrary | Aug 7, 2016 |
I would have to start by saying that this is not what I tend to read these days but I was hugely pleased that I made the effort to do so. A detective novel where the characters and plot are revealed to us in small, seemingly unrelated, chunks, a la Tom Clancy. The book moves between scenes during the Vietnam War and present day Chicago. A group of vigilantes are cleaning up what they see to be the injustices of their society. The book is gripping although we know "whodunnit" from near the beginning as it leaves the reader enough free play to have to decide the rights and wrongs of the conclusion. Worth a read. ( )
  shushokan | Feb 18, 2013 |
I was very impressed with this book; it was one of the most interesting books I have read. Mystery, intrigue, and suspense! Truly a great read! I could not put it down! The author did a great job telling a story that not only kept me guessing but put me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next thing to happen. I never expected the ending at all! I will read more from this author! ( )
  kdaviselford | Jul 10, 2012 |
thanks for the book i know it will be a good read ( )
  ashleyjennifer | Jun 2, 2012 |
Wow, is really all I can say. This well written thriller is worth a read. I can't even begin to give a synopsis without giving away the story. Well written and VERY hard to put down. I would recommended this book to ANYONE who likes a taut thriller. Well done and a GREAT way to spend a day in the sun.Superb, really. ( )
  Scoshie | Feb 10, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mobashar Qureshi's book The October Five was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Mobashar Qureshi is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible