The City by Mobashar Qureshi

Authors:Mobashar Qureshi
Info:
Rating:***1/2

The City by Mobashar Qureshi

crime (1) ebook (1) fiction (1) mystery (1)

Fast paced action thriller. Follow Detective Deak Colte as he searches for his wife's killer. Why is he taunting the detective and what does he have to confess? Excellent way to spend an afternoon in the sun. ( )
  Scoshie | Dec 10, 2012 |
Another perfectly written murder mystery by Mobashar Qureshi. Deak Colte, the main character, was genius and madman combined, and the bad guys left you guessing. Brilliantly emotional and thrilling. ( )
  Gwnfkt12 | Jan 14, 2012 |
I received this book in the Members Giveaway. I enjoyed reading The City. It gets right into the plot of the story and the author keeps you guessing. There were just enough characters and suspects. I did not foresee the ending. I read his other novel "The Paperboy Club" and enjoyed that one too. I will be looking for more from this author. Keep up the good work. ( )
  stormyjmarie | Dec 21, 2011 |
I got this book as part of the author giveaway.

The City is a short fiction with a few red herrings but it is a little predictable. However, the ending is a fairly tightly paced and did keep me guessing for a while. Good work overall. ( )
  mohitgoel | Oct 7, 2011 |
A mystery, crime novel set in a fictitious city, The City is a short, fairly routine work with a few red herrings that ends somewhat predictably. The writing style is in short sentences and suggests that English might not be the native language of the author. Overall, this style suits action scenes, but is a bit too obvious at the beginning of this mystery when things are being set up. This becomes less apparent as the mystery moves along and the ending is a page-turner.

This was an electronic edition Member Giveaway ( )
  mldavis2 | Sep 21, 2011 |

Mobashar Qureshi is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,392,932 books! | Top bar: Always visible