Ten Typewriter Tales by Mr Mobashar Qureshi

Ten Typewriter Tales (edition 2012)

by Mr Mobashar Qureshi

18None556,528 (3.4)2
Member:Scoshie
Title:Ten Typewriter Tales
Authors:Mr Mobashar Qureshi
Info:CreateSpace (2012), Paperback, 160 pages

Ten Typewriter Tales by Mobashar Qureshi

AF (1) Bajio Library (1) Canadian (1) ebook (1) giveaway (2) original (1) review (1) stories (1) weak (1)

I think short stories are much harder to write than novels since you've got a limited word count to connect to your readers. I love short stories because of the fact that they are... Short. This particular collection, honestly, I did not like it that much. I read lots of potential but basically thats it. Unexpected twists wasn't really unexpected at all. I've got a feeling that I've read this kind of stories before. Maybe the author could focus on one story and make it a full length novel. As i said, I've read lots of potential. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 16, 2014 |
Another excellent book by one of favorite new author's. Mobashar Qureshi's books have not only been extremely readable but all of them very different and this one is no exception. To me of these stories are all about the decisions being made, either good or bad. Really enjoyed reading it and was a nice way to spend and afternoon in the sun. ( )
  Scoshie | Jul 22, 2012 |
If you are interested in a quick witty read, I highly recommend this book. Having read other works by the author, I was not disappointed. The collection of stories was well written, intriguing, and entertaining. I would like to see several of those expanded to a novel. I look forward to reading more from Qureshi. ( )
  kdaviselford | Jul 12, 2012 |
I quite enjoyed this collection of stories. Although some of the stories ended rather abruptly or felt a bit sparse, more made me chuckle or say "that was sweet." I wouldn't say it was the best collection I've ever read, but I would recommend it.
  alanbethcam | Jul 3, 2012 |
Ten Typewriter Tales
MOBASHAR QURESHI

A Collection of Stories.
40,000 words

"He loved his family. He loved them more than anything...Now he was thinking of destroying those that brought peace in him."

I am a big fan of short story collections. I think that they encourage readers who can't stomach the idea of a large book and can lead people into reading novels where they've previously been discouraged. I quite liked this book of stories, the concepts for most of them were sound and if I had to make a complaint, it would be that a lot of them weren't long enough for me. Not to say that the stories ran out of steam, just the opposite, for most of them I would be happier to have been reading them in novella form and I believe that there was enough 'meat' to these stories that this sort of transition would be very successful. I particularly liked the stories 'Seeking Help' and 'Young Man with a Cane', but at the end of both I was going "What happens next..!?" I thought this book was great and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.

**The author of this book provided a copy of this ebook to me for an honest and unbiased review** ( )
  ThinBlackCat | Jun 6, 2012 |

Mobashar Qureshi is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible