The Fallen (Nine Lives of Chloe King) by Liz…

The Fallen (Nine Lives of Chloe King)

by Liz Braswell

193788,555 (4.13)None

I really enjoyed this book. It was action packed, a bit of mystery thrown in and some romance going on in the side lines. I had watched the ABC Family series before reading the book, so I liked how much more we learned about Chloe and The Order than we did in the show. It was different too, Chloe is more hard than she was in the show and her friends are a bit different too. I am looking forward to the next book. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book! If you want a real life story with a little fantasy put into it, this is the book for you! ( )
  charisma_45 | Dec 29, 2015 |
I thought this book was alright. I enjoyed the fact that it was different because of the cat plot line. I liked Chloe's personality as a rebellious, crazy, funny human/cat. I didn't get board with the book because the problems come one after the other. One thing I didn't like about the book was the fact that Chloe didn't take a lot of things seriously. She had a big role in the Mia gang, but she still acted like a child. She also did stupid things that one would never do in real life. So the book was not as believable as it should be. This is what I think about the book, Nine lives of Chloe King.

Summary:

In the begging of this book Chloe was celebrating her 16th birthday. Her two closest friends skipped school and went on a pick nick. They ate on the top of tower, the tower is the highest one in San Francisco. Chloe started walking on the tip of the window but being somewhat drunk she falls. She fell down and hit the ground with great impact and she died... but then she woke up again, with now eight lives left. Chloe then realizes some weird things she can do. Such as run really fast, jump large distances, and see in the dark. She soon finds out she is part cat part human, or Mai. She is destined to be the pack leader of the Mai because she can keep the bond between Mai and humans. The protagonist is the Mai and Chloe, the antagonist is a gang called The Order that are hunting to kill Chloe and the rest of the Mai. ( )
  YuliaS.B1 | Sep 11, 2013 |

Liz Braswellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Thomson, Celiamain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Liz Braswell writing as Celia Thomson.

"Chloe King was a normal sixteen-year-old girl. ... But around her sixteenth birthday, Chloe finds out that perhaps she isn't so normal after all. ... As she discovers who she is--and where she comes from--it is clear she is not alone. And someone is out to get her. Chloe has nine lives, But will nine be enough?"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,916,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible