Legs (A Steamy Contemporary Romance) by…

Legs (A Steamy Contemporary Romance)

by Harper Alibeck

208515,329 (3.14)None

Just grabbed this for free from Amazon store. I like the idea for the plot...
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |
It's not often that I start a book and am unable to finish it. This book was one of those rare instances. There's no plot, and I didn't find it romantic in the least. In the first few pages, she sees a colleague get on the bus and is attracted to his calves. (I am not making this up.) She can't take her eyes off them and finally begins to slowly scan the rest of his body. When she reaches his eyes, he has noticed her leering at him. Without another word, they reach her office and have sex on.the.floor. How's that for a plot line? If you're looking for a romantic read, this is not for you. ( )
  halo776 | Aug 15, 2011 |
I admit to being more interested in the "contemporary" part of this title than the "romance" idea. I read the introduction to the book and found myself caught up in the idea of two lovers from the past finding each other in a new lifetime. I was only disappointed by the length of time given to this idea.

The interactions between the characters are well handled and thankfully lacking in the most obvious four letter words thrown in to some novels of this type. The descriptions were mild and their relationship almost believable as more than something happening in a fantasy world.

Though the book left me wanting to know more about the characters themselves and their other selves, I was relieved to discover that a second book will focus on the past. At least some questions will be answered, even if you have to wait for a whole other book to answer them.

Note: Though this book was a free gift from the author, the content of my review was in no way influenced by the gifting. The book speaks for itself and my review would have been worded just this way even if I'd gone out and bought it. I also give bonus points for Text To Speech enabling on Kindle format.... but that also wasn't a factor in the above review. ( )
1 vote mirrani | Aug 15, 2011 |
The story starts with the description of each character and their point of view of their surroundings and dreams. When the characters are together for the first time, the story goes into a well and carefully written encounter that does not leave anything to the imagination. it shows that the characters craved for each other but never acted upon it.

After Chapter 3 the characters give in to their cravings and the story goes into an intense encounter that could possibly complicate their relationship due to the different projects that both historians are working on. I think that these types of scenes you usually get them towards the middle of the book once you get more detail on the plot of the story. In this case you get the incandescent scenes first before you go fully into the whole plot of the story. That can throw the reader a bit off...but the scenes were carefully written and very hot!

Here the characters fall in love with each other even though it seems that they will be working on different project that would get them to be apart as both would be in different countries. A long distance relationship on top of information concealed by one of the characters set them apart but then through out their work they find that they have more in common than they think and discover that they have been meant for each other. Destiny brings them back together to a very awesome encounter. All in all a very sexy and entertaining story. ( )
1 vote rualbarran | Aug 5, 2011 |
I have never been into erotic romances, but Legs by Harper Alibeck was a pleasant surprise. The premise of two people linked throughout the ages is nothing new, but the grad school angle was interesting, (and I don't just mean what they did under the desk). I enjoyed the story-line and the characters who seemed decently developed, although the book started rather abruptly. I wish that instead of a prequel, there would have been more background story. A little less intercourse and a little more dialogue would have also added to this novel's charm. Overall this novel was very well written and quite steamy. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a good spicy romance that also has an engrossing plot. ( )
1 vote Allizabeth | Aug 4, 2011 |
The heels of her buttoned boots caught in the crevices between cobblestones as she click-clacked her way down an unnamed street.

Whose romance are you reliving 100 years later?

A chance encounter on a mundane morning bus commute leads history scholars Jill Knowles and Seth Hines into a spontaneous, uninhibited romantic encounter that leaves both reeling -- and destined for more.

Determined to become a respected historian in her field, Jill's entire career path is thrown off by a love that seems like deja vu. Meanwhile, Seth has wanted Jill since the first day they met, nearly two years ago. When she makes the first, unexpected move he leaps -- and falls far harder than he ever planned.

But Seth has a secret that will keep them apart, and when Jill finds out she turns her razor-sharp mind against him by day, yet channels her anger into passion-filled nights. Archives in Toronto, Canada and Santiago, Chile hold the key to their reunion, but Jill and Seth may be too late when each discovers the same century-old secret that could bring them together -- or tear them apart forever.

Fans of "Dead Again," "Somewhere in Time" and Possession may enjoy the ride as as Legs covers three continents, two centuries, and one fiery journey of two souls destined to make history together.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Harper Alibeck's book Legs was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible