Hallowed: An Unearthly Novel by Cynthia Hand

Hallowed: An Unearthly Novel (edition 2012)

by Cynthia Hand

406None26,171 (4.12)1
Member:Bookish_Nimue
Title:Hallowed: An Unearthly Novel
Authors:Cynthia Hand
Info:HarperTeen (2012), Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:angels, young adult, love-triangle, romance

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

I'll be honest, I wasn't going to finish this series but it was at the library staring at me. It had sat on that shelf for so long, untouched, I felt bad for it.

All I can say is, no wonder.

I must have been exceptionally disappointed with Unearthly as I struggle to remember anything from it? Normally, after a break in a series, I can start reading and the concepts of the book come flooding back. Not with this one.

It was boring and I think I struggled with all of the characters. No one them were particularly unique o intriguing. I can't even remember anything remotely interesting even happening in this one. You could have cut book to 50 page of what you actually needed to know.

Overall, pointless. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Originally posted @ Novel Reveries
This book was a lot better than the first and had great plot development and twists. It even invoked some tears, which I'm sure is partially due to my own experiences that coincide with Clara's feelings about her parents and what happens with them. Seeing as how I read this book in a day, I don't need to go into how the book captured my interest and pulled me through, chapter after chapter. I quite enjoyed it. The author shows definite growth from the first book, "Unearthly" to this one, and I cannot wait until the third in the series is released! ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
Originally posted @ Novel Reveries
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
I finally finished this book. But I am just now being able to do a review because I've been busy.

But this book for me was between 4/5 because it was such a slow read for me and didnt pick up until a little over 100 pages in (at least for me it didnt pick up and make me want to stick with it until then)

Of course, I didn't hate it. It was interesting enough, but just wasnt as good as the first.

Although I like Tucker, I am and have always rooted for Clara and Christian to be together. I always thought they should be the ones that needed to be together and were meant to be together.

I do kind of see where Jeffrey may be going in this series..And I would be surprised if he didn't get into some serious issues in Boundless. (No, I have not read it yet and I don't consider my last comment a spoiler). I am still not totally sure about Angela and I still find her utterly annoying..Along with Wendy.

And the surprise about someone in the book was amazing to me and I loved it! I wasn't expecting that little twist she had in here.

Its good to see that Clara and Jeffrey finally found some people who she could go to beyond Angela for advice and some actual truth about what it is to be an Angel-Blood.

So, I am nervous about Boundless but also excited because I want to see what happens next.

BridgetsBookNook | Feb 6, 2014 |
This was beautiful, brilliant, amazing and what not.

Finding out so many things might make some people like it's an overload but I didn't think so. Chips fell into place and the entire novel was a pleasure to read.
There was frustration due to always being in the dark( I did not see Michael coming. As in archangel, Michael ? 0_0. Excuse me, while I faint for a few minutes.
And that thing with Jeff. NO WONDER HE WAS PISSED.
How did they track it down to be Jeff, though?
I'd love to meet an angel. Michael sounds amazing.
), there was the angst when Clara was torn and sadness at the impending vision and angst and frustration usually make up an amazing combo.
And what a self fulfilling prophecy it was.
I felt more pity for Sanjeeza in this than ever(even though he's one of the Black Wings).
Wendy hardly made an appearance and Angela didn't have a big role to play either(we never found out about the Italian boyfriend ?).
And we come to the meaty parts - the parts about Christian and Tucker. A lot of things make sense to me now with respect to Christian( like how he never went for Clara cos hello one human girl to mess around with but the whole belonging together ? Maybe. ) but it felt like the spotlight shone on Tucker in book one and now, Tucker's been pushed out and Christian's become center stage.
Confusing; no wonder Clara was torn between them all the time. I'd have pulled out all my hair by now.
BUT, I'd let Tucker go simply for the reason that he's human. He can't deal with Black Wings or bad angel bloods or any of this. It's not his lot and knowing so much is like making him bait for the bad guys. Yes, he's amazing but he deserves someone who can never keep anything from him and share herself completely. Tucker can never be a complete part of Clara's life.
I'm not saying Christian is the answer but Tucker should clearly be pushed onto a life that can make him more happy than he can be with Clara.
*sigh* I'm waiting for part 3. Eagerly.
  ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |

Torn between her love for her boyfriend Tucker and her complicated feelings about the role she seems destined to play, sixteen-year-old part-angel Clara Gardner races to decipher a new vision that could signify the end for someone close to her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,419,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible