1105 Yakima Street (Cedar Cove) by Debbie…

1105 Yakima Street (Cedar Cove) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Debbie Macomber

Member:TwilightBlue
Title:1105 Yakima Street (Cedar Cove)
Authors:Debbie Macomber
Info:Mira (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Goodreads, Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:Goodreads

1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber (2011)

Recently added byarena55, JudithDCollins

The Cedar Cove series is a collection of light reads (basically soap operas) as always drama in a small town with color characters. However, I will listen to audio while I am working and catch up with the characters as my mother is a big fan so I can communicate about the updates and the Hallmark series.

1105 Yakima Street focuses on Rachel, Bruce and Jolene and struggles of remarriage, step daughter, etc. Other related stories of Ben/Charlotte and her grown children’s concern (Olivia and Will). Other characters-Lync and Lori, Gloria/Dr. Timmons and dysfunctional families. Not one of my favorites. Too much drama and stress, not a lot of depth or story. Maybe ok for the older crowd who likes gossip.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I don't remember how I came to read the 1st book in the Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber but I've been a definite fan of her work ever since...I love the characters in each book with the setting of Cedar Cove...not a one disappointment in any of the books. I just can't explain it except that I can hardly put the title down during "my read" and yet you never want her books to end.
It's hard to believe that the series will end with publication of the 12th book and I can't wait to read it. Already love the title, 1225 Christmas Tree Lane. ( )
1 vote Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
OK. We have a pregnant, newly wed, apparently really sweet woman, Rachel, with a spiteful, vicious, spoiled-rotten monster of a stepdaughter, and a spineless, whining, stalking, bullying husband. The husband wrings his hands because his wife walks away after having enough of being tormented by the stepdaughter until she is stressed out, sick, and close to losing her baby from dealing with the monster stepdaughter and the useless, self centered whiny excuse for a man she is married to who won't say boo to the brat. While she is away, he panders to the daughter and stalks the wife, trying to get her to come back. Oh, but let's not try to control the monster child! He lets her cook him dinner, clean his house, and make horrible statements about Rachel both to him, and to others, and never even lifts his voice. And we are supposed to be rooting for this sick and twisted relationship? Of course, the author makes Rachel forgive all, the daughter makes a miraculous change, and it all ends happily ever after. . . where is my barf bag, anyway? What kind of woman is so weak minded as to think that a man who puts her through this kind of treatment for MONTHS is worth going back to?!?!? Sickening.

This author was recommended to me because I have been under a lot of stress lately, and I wanted something 'fluffy' to read. Well, it actually stressed me out even more than I was before! I read a review that says that "I am very happy to say that Debbie Macomber is back to her usual form . . ." If this is her usual form, I am amazed and disgusted that apparently she has written over 100 books of this perverted nonsense and she is still selling books - and still getting good reviews. I counted the above described spineless monster, the monster stepdaughter, a pregnant single woman in a twisted relationship with the father of the child (who is in a relationship with another woman who he is still seeing), a psychotic rich man who has isolated his wife and daughter and tried to drive his daughter's husband into bankruptcy. Oh, and a 60-year-old male gallery owner who is totally self involved - and of course his gallery worker, a very nice woman, is enamored with him, and puts up with his treatment, which includes calling her obsessive, controlling (pot, kettle anyone?) - oh, and "big-boned"....

No more of this. I think I will go pull out a horror story. At least I know that that is going to be horrific. The beliefs of these readers who think that these kinds of behaviors, these kinds of relationships, are not only acceptable but worth writing "romance" novels about says something really scary about the state of women's minds. Something deeply scary. ( )
1 vote soireadthisbooktoday | May 4, 2014 |
This is the 11th book in this series, I am very sad to see this series end - I feel like once a year I go on vacation to Cedar Cove and check in on everyone who lives there. It will be stange letting 'this family' go.

This is the story of Bruce, his daughter Jolene and her step mom Rachel. Jolene and Rachel had a wonderful friendship (see previous books) but Rachel and Bruce fall in love and quickly get married. This does not sit well with Jolene as she to learn to share both her dad and her friend. Jolene being 13 is not interested in the romance of Bruce and Rachel. Rachel decided to move out and this is the story of them trying to work their way to back other.

We also get the pleasure of checking in on other Cedar Cove families - Ben and Charolotte, who are aging and thir children need to figure out how to become the parenst vs the children. Grace and Olivia and their husbands, Will and his art studio. So many old friends are visited here.

A great read and I am both excited and sad to read 1225 Christmas Tree Lane where Cedar Cove will conclude. ( )
1 vote jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Just finished the 11th in the Cedar Cove Series; Good book, hate to see the end of the series. Now on to the final book in the Cedar Cove Series. Thanks Debbie MaComber for great cozy romantic reading! PS, You always write fiction that is very Christian oriented and without the bad stuff. ( )
  JaneAustenNut | Nov 1, 2013 |

When his wife Rachel, who is pregnant, leaves him, Bruce Peyton, while dealing with his spoiled thirteen-year-old daughter Jolene, is determined to get her back with a little help from his Cedar Cove friends.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,336,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible