Baking and Pastry: Mastering the Art and…

Baking and Pastry: Mastering the Art and Craft

by The Culinary Institute of America

Baking and Pastry is one of the book that I read along side Professional Baking. Like Professional Baking, I read this for my culinary classes and it does help me understand some of the content that was included into my lectures. Similar to the other book, the textbook is appropriate for those who seek additional knowledge in the culinary arts. For beginners in culinary arts, this book provided a variety of subjects that might help in understanding the works that involved in baking. There are also additional chapters on confectioneries and cake decorating

However, being a chef is more than just reading from a book. You need to practice with the basics and any culinary text book is not enough for the work needed in the kitchen. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |

aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |

This insightful book presents 350 recipes, along with expert reviews of valuable techniques, for creating mouthwatering breads and desserts. The use of volume and metric measurements suit the needs of large operations, small bakeshops, home kitchens, and classrooms. More experienced bakers can find advanced tips about chocolate, confections, and wedding cakes, as well as the CIA's approach to plating and decorating desserts. Hundreds of full-color photographs introduce the baking ingredients, offer step-by-step guidance through important techniques, and feature finished products.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:48 -0400)

The leading learning tool for all levels of baking and pastry ability, newly illustrated and updated. Praised by top pastry chefs and bakers as "an indispensable guide" and "the ultimate baking and pastry reference," the latest edition of Baking and Pastry from The Culinary Institute of America improves upon the last with more than 300 new recipes, photographs, and illustrations, and completely revised and up-to-date information on creating spectacular breads and desserts. Covering the full range of the baking and pastry arts and widely used by professionals and readers who want to bake like professionals, this book offers detailed, accessible instructions on the techniques for everything from yeast breads, pastry doughs, quick breads, breakfast pastries, and savory items to cookies, pies, cakes, frozen desserts, custards, souffles, and chocolates. In addition, this revised edition features new information on sustainability and seasonality along with new material on plated desserts, special-occasion cakes, wedding cakes, decor techniques, savory and breakfast pastries, and volume production, making it the most comprehensive baking and pastry manual on the market. Named "Best Book: Professional Kitchen" at the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Cookbook Awards. -- Established by its first two editions as a lifelong kitchen reference for professional pastry chefs. -- Includes more than 900 recipes and 645 color photographs and illustrations.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,694,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible