Past, Future, & Present Danger (Book Two of…

Past, Future, & Present Danger (Book Two of The Absurd Misadventures of…

by Joshua Price

More silliness ensues between Cap't Rescue and nemesis Dr. Malevolent. Reading these book is really like watching an Adam West version of Batman. If you love campy stories then the follow up to Not Everything Brainless is Dead is just what you need. Nice way to spend an afternoon in the sun. ( )
1 vote Scoshie | Mar 8, 2012 |
Got this book throug the librarything give away program. The book is crossover between a parody to the superhero comics and English humor novels. This is the second book I've read in the series (so that's all the books...) and my opinion hasn't changed with reading the second book. It is a must to read the first book as this one has the same characters in it and goes further where the first book stops. As with the first book, I like the story line in general but somehow the book does not captivate me. Could be the writing style. It is definitely not the genre, which I, in general, do like very much. All in all, I did not enjoy this read as much as could have been possible (which is exactly the same conclusion I had for the first book). Sorry mr Price, no more Captain Rescue books for me.. ( )
  hydrografie | Aug 19, 2011 |
*I won a free copy of this e-book in a LibraryThing Member Giveaway*

this book is cute.. really hilarious..it makes the story full of action, mystery, and a sprinkle of fun..i haven't read the first book but i'm sure it's also great..
the story is good and flowing and the characters are remarkable!

When Captain Rescue discovers that tyrannical apes are capturing forest-goers, he jumps into action in a valiant attempt to stop them, more or less.

As the humorous adventure goes everything but according to plan, the hero finds himself transported into the future, where the apes have gone a bit beyond mere abductions. The shock sets in, and Captain Rescue and his time-displaced friends conclude that the only way to prevent a future that has already happened is to go back in time and rewrite it.

Will Captain Rescue somehow be able to set things right, or will these apes make a monkey out of him?

"Past, Future, & Present Danger" is the hilarious continuation of Captain Rescue's absurd misadventures, and the sequel to "Not Everything Brainless is Dead". ( )
1 vote avry15 | Aug 11, 2011 |
As good as the first one! I love the puns and the parodies of traditional good guy versus bad guy word play in these books. Definitely worth reading! ( )
1 vote jynxpierce | Jul 29, 2011 |

As the hilarious adventure goes everything but according to plan, the hero finds himself transported into the future, where the apes have gone a bit beyond mere abductions. The shock sets in, and Captain Rescue and his time-displaced friends conclude that the only way to prevent a future that has already happened is to go back in time and rewrite it.

73,000 words, or over 300 pages.

Joshua Price is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible