Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1) by Jessica…

Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1) (edition 2012)

by Jessica Park

Member:Blondie539
Title:Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1)
Authors:Jessica Park
Info:Skyscape (2012), Kindle Edition, 343 pages
Tags:to-read

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

4.5. When a $1.99 ebook turns into a rather gem of a read. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
A little leeway with my "no spoilers" comment. These are minor spoilers that you will find out immediately after starting the book, but I think that they're important to know.

Julie moves to Boston for college, through a string of events, she winds up staying with her mom's old roommate and her family.
She quickly meets Matt, a sweet, semi awkward, kind hearted, self-described geek.
She also meets Celeste, Matt's teenage sister that has a cardboard cut out of her oldest brother Finn. Flat Finn is what she calls him.
Celeste encourages Julie to friend Finn on Facebook.

Julie and Matt become friends and Julie starts falling for Finn through his emails.

There's a twist. I figured it out with about a hundred pages left. You might too. But if you do figure it out, I doubt it would spoil the ending. It didn't spoil it for me.

The story had good characters, was well written and came to a satisfying end. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
One of the best self-pubs around. Touching story, wonderful characters. ( )
  dianawr | Nov 29, 2018 |
I'm not sure if I would categorize this as a young adult novel or not. The main character is an 18 year old female embarking on her first year of college and there is a heavy emphasis on her discovering herself and falling in love. However she is also dealing with the dysfunction of a family she is living with and the story line is unique and incredibly intriguing. This was a true page turner for me. I may not have been blown away with the outcome and it may at times have been a bit predictable but it was an overall entertaining read. I really enjoyed this book and I've already recommended it to a couple of friends. ( )
  JamieBH | Apr 3, 2018 |
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I borrowed it with my Kindle from Amazon when I was looking for something to read. The reviews were positive and I agree with them. It is sweet, (although not entirely believable.)
Instead of reading about people who go through the death of a loved one, this book lets us meet the family a couple of years after the death, while they are all, in their dysfunctional ways, dealing (or not dealing, natch) with the death. ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |

To college freshman Julie Seagle the emotionally scrambled members of the Watkins family of Boston add up to something that ... well ... doesn't quite add up. Only the funny, gorgeous, smart oldest brother Finn is emotionally available--but only online? Not until Julie forces a buried secret to the surface, eliciting a dramatic confrontation that threatens to tear the fragile Watkins family apart, does she get her answer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,490,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible