Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel…

Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (edition 2011)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:AllisonKraft
Title:Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Bantam (2011), Hardcover, 320 pages

Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich

English (114)  Piratical (1)  All languages (115)
Another satisfying Stephanie Plum installment. I really enjoy the sassy characters in this series. ( )
  hemlokgang | Jul 29, 2019 |
Another fun book in the Stephanie Plum series. Stephanie is back from Hawaii with a secret. When the secret finally is revealed, it seemed a little anticlimactic. Really just standard stuff in Stephanie's life. But I did like that Morelli steps up a little in this one. If he wants to keep Stephanie away from Ranger, he better make a commitment soon.

Lots of crazy characters. Buggy, Stephanie's FTA, grew on me throughout the story. I really liked when Lula drank the love potion and thought she was in love. There is a computer hacker element to the story, that never really gets resolved, but at least by the end of the book Stephanie's life is no longer in danger. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
I got through the first few pages, a bit miffed but not too surprised that a woman in her late twenties as I understood it could still take for granted being able to do laundry at her mother's house, and rather (ok nearly) outraged at the idea of her grandmother looking at a photo of a man two generations younger than her and talking about becoming a Cougar -no idea, notwithstanding, how that young man might feel about it. Somehow, the descripton of the reason for the trip to Hawaii and the plane ride back left me less than enthusiastic, and a few pages later were no better, sorry. ( )
  FourFreedoms | May 17, 2019 |
  ShiraDest | Mar 6, 2019 |
The usual hijinks that we have come to expect from New Jersey's worst bounty hunter. ( )
  nebula21 | Jan 13, 2019 |
At this stage of her prolific career, now up to 18 Stephanie Plum novels, Evanovich’s work is more about tweaking than writing. She’s got the basic plot down pat. Now it’s a matter in each book of thickening or thinning the comic layers on Plum, the New Jersey bounty hunter. In the new book — it’s all about the mess resulting when Plum encounters a guy with a deep secret who gets murdered — Stephanie seems hornier than usual, even more conflicted between Morelli and Ranger, a touch less careful with guns, and freer with her enjoyably smartass mouth.
added by VivienneR | editThe Toronto Star, Jack Batten (Jan 14, 2012)

Janet Evanovich presents a new novel featuring bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.Stephanie's seatmate on Flight 127 from Hawaii never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he's dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. The FBI, the fake FBI, and guns-for-hire are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photograph--Stephanie Plum.
added by daddyofattyo | editNew York Times

New Jersey was 40,000 feet below me, obscured by cloud cover.

Stephanie's a flake/
Gets married in Hawai'i/
Still banging both dudes

Stephanie Plum finds herself in trouble when her seatmate on her Hawaii to Newark flight winds up dead and a motley collection of thugs, as well as the FBI, search for a photo the man was reportedly carrying--a photo that only Stephanie has seen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,065,787 books! | Top bar: Always visible