Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum) by Janet…

Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum) (edition 2011)

by Janet Evanovich

Title:Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Review (2011), Hardcover, 320 pages

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

Recently added byarena300, private library, Ashley13, lindyjudd, Terrell_Sanzone, Booknerd015, INorris

English (95)  Piratical (1)  All languages (96)
I thought #18 was better than the last few Plum books. More plot; still slapstick but more true to Stephanie's life/world.

And I was glad to see the self-examination of her love triangle. Personally, I think Stephanie should move on and look for someone other than her two commitment phobic boyfriends. Although Ranger is great to have in her corner when she's in a jam.

CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Another fun installment. ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
Makes me laugh out loud. Love this series. ( )
  bogopea | Apr 17, 2015 |
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |
I'd give this book 3.5 stars. It's a Stephanie Plum novel and they can never be bad. However I find the stories are starting to get a bit repetitive. Usually these novels have me laughing out loud, this one didn't do that for me.

I think it's time the story was switched up a little and that Stephanie chooses between Morelli or Ranger. ( )
  Marie113 | Mar 31, 2015 |
At this stage of her prolific career, now up to 18 Stephanie Plum novels, Evanovich’s work is more about tweaking than writing. She’s got the basic plot down pat. Now it’s a matter in each book of thickening or thinning the comic layers on Plum, the New Jersey bounty hunter. In the new book — it’s all about the mess resulting when Plum encounters a guy with a deep secret who gets murdered — Stephanie seems hornier than usual, even more conflicted between Morelli and Ranger, a touch less careful with guns, and freer with her enjoyably smartass mouth.
added by VivienneR | editThe Toronto Star, Jack Batten (Jan 14, 2012)
Janet Evanovich presents a new novel featuring bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.Stephanie's seatmate on Flight 127 from Hawaii never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he's dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. The FBI, the fake FBI, and guns-for-hire are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photograph--Stephanie Plum.
added by daddyofattyo | editNew York Times
New Jersey was 40,000 feet below me, obscured by cloud cover.

Stephanie's a flake/
Gets married in Hawai'i/
Still banging both dudes

Before Stephanie can even step foot off Flight 127 Hawaii to Newark, she is knee deep in trouble. Her dream vacation turned into a nightmare, and she is flying back to New Jersey solo. Worse still, her seatmate never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he is dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. And a ragtag collection of thugs and psychos, not to mention the FBI, are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photo,Stephanie Plum. Now she is the target, and she does not intend to end up in a garbage can. With the help of an FBI sketch artist Stephanie re-creates the person in the photo. Unfortunately the first sketch turns out to look like Tom Cruise, and the second sketch like Ashton Kutcher. Until Stephanie can improve her descriptive skills, she will need to watch her back.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,805,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible