Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum) by Janet…

Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum) (edition 2011)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:mariomaz
Title:Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Review (2011), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:CHESHIRE LIBRARY
Rating:*****

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

English (88)  Piratical (1)  All languages (89)
I read this one over the last couple of days and enjoyed it. It's not the best of the series, but after 18 books I have lowered my expectations; I know she cannot keep up the wonderful pace she started with all those years ago. I liked some aspects of this one, and surprised myself by being pleased that there was less of Ranger and Morelli - I think I needed a break from all that. This story does seem to leave more loose ends than her books usually do but overall it was a light and entertaining read, just what I expected. ( )
  glade1 | Aug 20, 2014 |
I love the character of Stephanie Plum. I'm generally smiling through each of her escapades - just because. :) ( )
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
I'm tired of reading this series. Even the characters seemed tired. They were flat and yes there were still funny moments, but the overall impression I got was flat. I am not buying her books anymore. If they should up at the library, I'll read them. ( )
  annertan | Jul 31, 2014 |
I listened to this book on tape while driving to and from a softball tournament and laughed repeatedly; even if the story wasn't great, I think that's a good sign. I do wish Stephanie could figure out the situation with Ranger and Morelli though. And, Grandma has been toned down lately. Lulu annoys me though... ( )
  plunkinberry | Jun 16, 2014 |
I really like the characters in the books. They are fun and quirky. This particular episode into the life of Stephanie Plum actually made me laugh out loud. Stephanie is a skip tracer/bounty hunter who seems to have the worst luck and the best friends. Lula the 'ho, Uncle Vinnie, Ranger, Connie, Morelli and her parents round out her crazy life. She is constantly torn between two men and her morals aren't particularly strong. She just wants to do her job, get paid and maybe make up her mind about which guy she wants to become monogamous with. Fun books to read for a laid back summer. ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
At this stage of her prolific career, now up to 18 Stephanie Plum novels, Evanovich’s work is more about tweaking than writing. She’s got the basic plot down pat. Now it’s a matter in each book of thickening or thinning the comic layers on Plum, the New Jersey bounty hunter. In the new book — it’s all about the mess resulting when Plum encounters a guy with a deep secret who gets murdered — Stephanie seems hornier than usual, even more conflicted between Morelli and Ranger, a touch less careful with guns, and freer with her enjoyably smartass mouth.
added by VivienneR | editThe Toronto Star, Jack Batten (Jan 14, 2012)

Janet Evanovich presents a new novel featuring bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.Stephanie's seatmate on Flight 127 from Hawaii never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he's dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. The FBI, the fake FBI, and guns-for-hire are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photograph--Stephanie Plum.
added by daddyofattyo | editNew York Times

New Jersey was 40,000 feet below me, obscured by cloud cover.

Stephanie's a flake/
Gets married in Hawai'i/
Still banging both dudes

Before Stephanie can even step foot off Flight 127 Hawaii to Newark, she is knee deep in trouble. Her dream vacation turned into a nightmare, and she is flying back to New Jersey solo. Worse still, her seatmate never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he is dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. And a ragtag collection of thugs and psychos, not to mention the FBI, are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photo,Stephanie Plum. Now she is the target, and she does not intend to end up in a garbage can. With the help of an FBI sketch artist Stephanie re-creates the person in the photo. Unfortunately the first sketch turns out to look like Tom Cruise, and the second sketch like Ashton Kutcher. Until Stephanie can improve her descriptive skills, she will need to watch her back.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,771,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible