Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum) by Janet…

Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum) (edition 2011)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:mariomaz
Title:Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Review (2011), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:CHESHIRE LIBRARY
Rating:*****

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

English (90)  Piratical (1)  All languages (91)
Love Lorelei King as be sure to listen to audio! All the favorite characters we have come to love in Stephanie Plum Series.

Before Stephanie can even step foot off Flight 127 Hawaii to Newark, she’s knee deep in trouble. Her dream vacation turned into a nightmare, and she’s flying back to New Jersey solo. Worse still, her seatmate never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he’s dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. And a ragtag collection of thugs and psychos, not to mention the FBI, are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Stephanie Plum returns to form in one of the better of the recent Stephanie Plum novels. Of course, this is the lightest of entertainments, and can be consumed like popcorn...which is exactly how I read it--compulsively. As always, Evanovich's writing keeps you moving from chapter to chapter with no pain, and more than a little pleasure. If you like Stephanie Plum, this book will add a few pleasant moments to your summer. ( )
  echasc | Oct 26, 2014 |
I have to compliment the actress Lorelei King for her performance of this book in the Isis audiobook version that I've been listening to. I've always shunned Janet Evanovich because of the garish covers to her books. (I know, a hopeless case of judging a book for the wrong reasons.) However, my first introduction to Janet's work has been a considerable joy. I like the characters enough to not care too much about the plot. (I always lose the plot in crime fiction.)

Lorelei King brings each character bouncing to life and I've been smiling and giggling happily as I drive along listening on my car audio. She switches effortlessly from male to female, old to young and licks all the lines and jokes into shape with consummate ease. I love her performance and I'm tickled by the work as a whole, so although I shan't dive headlong into another Janet Evanovich book right away, I'm happy to have found a new voice to amuse when I need her. Thank you. ( )
  Deborah.Blythe | Oct 12, 2014 |
I read this one over the last couple of days and enjoyed it. It's not the best of the series, but after 18 books I have lowered my expectations; I know she cannot keep up the wonderful pace she started with all those years ago. I liked some aspects of this one, and surprised myself by being pleased that there was less of Ranger and Morelli - I think I needed a break from all that. This story does seem to leave more loose ends than her books usually do but overall it was a light and entertaining read, just what I expected. ( )
  glade1 | Aug 20, 2014 |
I love the character of Stephanie Plum. I'm generally smiling through each of her escapades - just because. :) ( )
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
At this stage of her prolific career, now up to 18 Stephanie Plum novels, Evanovich’s work is more about tweaking than writing. She’s got the basic plot down pat. Now it’s a matter in each book of thickening or thinning the comic layers on Plum, the New Jersey bounty hunter. In the new book — it’s all about the mess resulting when Plum encounters a guy with a deep secret who gets murdered — Stephanie seems hornier than usual, even more conflicted between Morelli and Ranger, a touch less careful with guns, and freer with her enjoyably smartass mouth.
added by VivienneR | editThe Toronto Star, Jack Batten (Jan 14, 2012)

Janet Evanovich presents a new novel featuring bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.Stephanie's seatmate on Flight 127 from Hawaii never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he's dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. The FBI, the fake FBI, and guns-for-hire are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photograph--Stephanie Plum.
added by daddyofattyo | editNew York Times

New Jersey was 40,000 feet below me, obscured by cloud cover.

Stephanie's a flake/
Gets married in Hawai'i/
Still banging both dudes

Before Stephanie can even step foot off Flight 127 Hawaii to Newark, she is knee deep in trouble. Her dream vacation turned into a nightmare, and she is flying back to New Jersey solo. Worse still, her seatmate never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he is dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. And a ragtag collection of thugs and psychos, not to mention the FBI, are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photo,Stephanie Plum. Now she is the target, and she does not intend to end up in a garbage can. With the help of an FBI sketch artist Stephanie re-creates the person in the photo. Unfortunately the first sketch turns out to look like Tom Cruise, and the second sketch like Ashton Kutcher. Until Stephanie can improve her descriptive skills, she will need to watch her back.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,335,428 books! | Top bar: Always visible