Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel…

Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel (edition 2012)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:naylands
Title:Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Bantam (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

Recently added byprivate library, rcfaljoyaTP, Rena37, CandaceVan, vickiayala, 4004lab, CrystalDawn1217, janeone, MyWord

English (110)  Piratical (1)  All languages (111)
LMAO!! What else can I say! I love this series. I love that this is book 18 and I'm not tired of it at all! The new narrator for the audios is good too. ( )
  LenaR0307 | Jun 24, 2016 |
Not an actual review, since I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but if there were half stars to give, this wouldn't have 5 stars. ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
Stephanie is like an old friend from school that you used to have so much fun with, but when you get together now, you're always thinking about the good old days because it isn't quite there anymore. But I'm not going to dump her! I listened to this book in the car and was surprised when I practically missed the climax. Not very exciting. And yes, I agree with another reviewer who was more kindly, but Lula is getting to be kind of a pig... ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
Good Book, although way way to short, not worth the money to buy it. It took less time to read this book then the last perhaps its time to retire Stephanie Plum series and finally marry her to either Morelli or Ranger and have beautiful babies.... ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
? ? ? 1/2

Stephanie is back from Hawaii with a wedding ring tan line and a mysterious photo of a man stuck in her bag. Not knowing who the man in the photo is, Stephanie throws the photo away.

Several people, including the FBI & Fake FBI, are after Stephanie because they want the photo....

Oh, yes... the Bail Bonds office moves into a new location because the RV burns to the ground...and there is a small problem with Rats!

Both Morelli & Ranger are rather unhappy with Stephanie..... because while in Hawaii she.....

Ah ha ha ha ha ha.... I am So NOT GONNA TELL YOU!

There is not as much as ineptness in this book, nor are the characters as insipid as usual, which I found to be a relief. Sure Lula & Stephanie still lose some of their bondees. Stephanie's car isn't blown up, it's stolen several times. Stephanie does get beat-up, but she finally fights back!

So, I'll say I liked this.... ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
At this stage of her prolific career, now up to 18 Stephanie Plum novels, Evanovich’s work is more about tweaking than writing. She’s got the basic plot down pat. Now it’s a matter in each book of thickening or thinning the comic layers on Plum, the New Jersey bounty hunter. In the new book — it’s all about the mess resulting when Plum encounters a guy with a deep secret who gets murdered — Stephanie seems hornier than usual, even more conflicted between Morelli and Ranger, a touch less careful with guns, and freer with her enjoyably smartass mouth.
added by VivienneR | editThe Toronto Star, Jack Batten (Jan 14, 2012)

Janet Evanovich presents a new novel featuring bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.Stephanie's seatmate on Flight 127 from Hawaii never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he's dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. The FBI, the fake FBI, and guns-for-hire are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photograph--Stephanie Plum.
added by daddyofattyo | editNew York Times

New Jersey was 40,000 feet below me, obscured by cloud cover.

Stephanie's a flake/
Gets married in Hawai'i/
Still banging both dudes

Before Stephanie can even step foot off Flight 127 Hawaii to Newark, she is knee deep in trouble. Her dream vacation turned into a nightmare, and she is flying back to New Jersey solo. Worse still, her seatmate never returned to the plane after the L.A. layover. Now he is dead, in a garbage can, waiting for curbside pickup. His killer could be anyone. And a ragtag collection of thugs and psychos, not to mention the FBI, are all looking for a photograph the dead man was supposed to be carrying. Only one other person has seen the missing photo,Stephanie Plum. Now she is the target, and she does not intend to end up in a garbage can. With the help of an FBI sketch artist Stephanie re-creates the person in the photo. Unfortunately the first sketch turns out to look like Tom Cruise, and the second sketch like Ashton Kutcher. Until Stephanie can improve her descriptive skills, she will need to watch her back.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,178,509 books! | Top bar: Always visible