Along a Long Road by Frank Viva

Along a Long Road (edition 2011)

by Frank Viva

Title:Along a Long Road
Authors:Frank Viva
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 40 pages
Tags:Location, Prepositions

Along a Long Road by Frank Viva

This book is propelled by the artwork as readers follow a person's journey on their bike down a long yellow road.
  ThisIsNotSophie | Jun 3, 2015 |
This book takes you on a bike ride through the city. It's a very simple read - good for really young children. Not much too the book.
  Enessa | Dec 8, 2014 |
This book reminded me of the hours I spent riding my bike through the blocks in neighborhood. The rider went many places and even had a few hiccups along the way.
  alexanderkai | Nov 21, 2014 |
Overall I really didn’t like this book. However, I did like the concept of the book. The book shows the activity of riding a bike. Throughout the book the main character is shown riding his bike around the city and through different areas. One of the things I didn’t like about the book was the illustrations. They were very abstract and different. The characters in the book were drawn with long arms and a weird shaped torso that was almost like a squiggly line. The illustrator may have been trying to catch the reader’s attention with these abstract illustrations but I feel like it would confuse a young reader since the people in the book don’t exactly look like real people. The main idea of this book is to show the activity of bike riding. ( )
  david.endres | Oct 29, 2014 |
I thought this book was awesome! It shows the journey of a biker as he travels along a yellow road and passes all sorts of different scenery. The book contains very few words but is really carried by the awesome art work. The book contains some very interesting modern looking art. After doing a bit of research on the book, I found that the art work was originally created as a single long piece of artwork that was then separated into the book. The visual appeal is what really sold me on this book.
  qrennaker | Aug 13, 2014 |

Speed off on an eventful bicycle ride along the bold yellow road that cuts through town, by the sea, and through the country. Ride up and around, along and through, out and down.

Frank's striking graphic style is executed in just five joyous colors, and his spare, rhythmic language is infectious.

Hit a bump?
Get back on track!
Reach the end?
Start again!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:22 -0400)

Illustrations and brief text evoke a bicycle ride, with its ups and downs, sweeping turns, and vivid views.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,785,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible