Seven Deadly Sins: Settling the Argument…

Seven Deadly Sins: Settling the Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Good

by Corey Taylor

212495,208 (4)None

“The seven deadly sins are bullshit.”

And so it begins… the book I’ve wanted to read the second I found out about it. And I’m so very happy to say that I wasn’t disappointed, displeased, or dissatisfied in anyway. This book is not; however, for the masses. For starters, this book is not an autobiography of Corey Taylor’s life and is not some in-depth heartfelt retelling of his life of sin. It may be a retelling of his life of sin, but it’s far from heartfelt. It’s honest, straightforward, brutal, and in your face. It’s definitely off the wall and all over the place; but that’s what makes it great.

“This book is a few parts flight, a handful of fancy, and a lot of why there is such a thing as freedom of the soul.”

This book is not only entertaining and funny as hell, but Corey Taylor’s thoughts and opinions were pretty damn great. This is where the honest and in your face comes into play. His thoughts and opinions totally go against every typical conformist belief and will more than likely succeed in offending many. I on the other hand, think he’s brilliant.

“So the misguided acts of my past have brought me to the virtues of my present and will hopefully lead me to the grace of my future. But I do not consider them “sins.” I consider the mistakes, capriciousness in the face of youthful abandon.”

The few reviews I have read on this book show people complaining about the lack of depth and how he’s one big narcissist and needs to be more socially responsible. Number one, this is Corey fucking Taylor and he’s wearing horns, smoking a cigarette, and drinking on the very front cover. What’d you expect? Number two, the man is only speaking the truth. He may be a little crazy and may not be the socially responsible human being you’d like him to be, but personally, I’ll take this Corey Taylor any day. He’s hilariously entertaining and I hope he continues writing in the future.

Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog! ( )
  bonniemarjorie | May 7, 2013 |
Book was I guess they best way of saying it "Interesting" I like Corey Taylor so it was maybe a bit overshadowed by the Author/Artist. In several places the book became a bit preachy and long in the tooth. Some of the stories were great to read and fun. Wish there were more stories within the book. ( )
  stang50logan | Mar 24, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0306819279, Hardcover)

For the first time, Slipknot and Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor speaks directly to his fans and shares his worldview about life as a sinner. And Taylor knows how to sin. As a small-town hero in the early '90s, he threw himself into a fierce-drinking, drug-abusing, hard-loving, live-for-the moment life. Soon Taylor's music exploded, and he found himself rich, wanted, and on the road. His new and ever-more extreme lifestyle had an unexpected effect, however; for the first time, he began to actively think about what it meant to sin and whether sinning could--or should--be recast in a different light. Seven Deadly Sins is Taylor's personal story, but it's also a larger discussion of what it means to be seen as either a "good" person or a "bad" one. Yes, Corey Taylor has broken the law and hurt people, but, if sin is what makes us human, how wrong can it be?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:58 -0400)

The lead singer of two hard-rock bands chronicles his life of debauchery and looks at what it really means "to sin," arguing that sinning cannot be that bad if it is a distinct trait of all humans.

67 wanted3 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,157,259 books! | Top bar: Always visible