Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen…

Seriously...I'm Kidding

by Ellen DeGeneres

553None17,985 (3.23)22

I've been reading this book on and off for a while. I'm a huge Ellen DeGeneres fan, and while her humor doesn't quite translate from the stage to the page, I still found myself laughing out loud at these short chapters. Here's just one great example:

"It's really bad if your birthday is actually on Christmas day. (Unless you're Jesus. In that case - what a party! By the way, if you are Jesus, thank you so much for buying this book. What an honor. Is there any way you'd give a quote for the paperback edition? I mean, who wouldn't buy it if Jesus recommended it on the back? I ask only because Oprah's Book Club ended and it would be a huge get, but you don't have to decide right now.)"

This is a good light read. ( )
  porch_reader | Mar 26, 2014 |
Amusing book. ( )
  litalex | Mar 19, 2014 |
I am not sure I could of read this book but I enjoyed listening to it on my way to and from work.

Best I can say about it - is that it is Ellen at her best. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
I love Ellen Degeneres, I love her show,cheers me up and when I start watching a vid of her show I just keep on watching 4 hrs, amazing ...

So I was pretty excited abt reading the book, it had her spirit but I felt sthing was missing, Ellen is way funnier & smarter than this, maybe it didn't show in da book, so I decided 2 listen 2 da audio book and it got better, Ellen's way of talking is just hilarious..

Why 3 stars not more? well it wasn't that epicaly amazing as I've expected, if u don't know Ellen u gotta watch her show 1st be4 reading, would tell u ALOT abt who she really is better than the book, the book is just bits & pieces of thoughts, ideas and monologues shewyet habal :-D..

Nothing special abt the book, it just tells u wat u already know abt Ellen, she's a very nice person -check wat she said abt her experience of being a judge in Idol-, she's very confident, no insecurities like most of us althou she's different -check wat she said abt her age-, she's very funny ofcourse, very smart saying smart comments in a funny hilarious way , very young @ heart, very loving, very persistant-check her diaries & her struggle till she finally got this show that wasn't cancelled-, very creative-u'll find it best in her shows,lots of funny ideas 2 cheer up her audiance-,very successful-happily married,puts u in confusion if u r anti gay since they r happy homosexual couple-..

In a nutshell, she's amazing, I'd recommend her show it's better, not sure if I'll buy her 1st 2 books, I'll probably just download the audio books, better.. ( )
  Samar.Abd-Allah | Feb 27, 2014 |
Ellen's sense of humor gave me a few good laughs; and, while I found her point of view on many topics to be refreshing, after a bit it seemed like she was rambling. ( )
1 vote LibStre | Feb 14, 2014 |

I've experienced a lot the last few years and I have a lot to share. So I hope that you'll take a moment to sit back, relax and enjoy the words I've put together for you in this book. I think you'll find I've left no stone unturned, no door unopened, no window unbroken, no rug unvacuumed, no ivories untickled. What I'm saying is, let us begin, shall we?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:11 -0400)

The stand-up comedian, television host, best-selling author and actress candidly discusses her personal life, her professional career and describes what it was like to become a judge on American Idol.

441 wanted1 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,507,613 books! | Top bar: Always visible