Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen…

Seriously...I'm Kidding

by Ellen DeGeneres

I am so glad I read the public library's copy of this. I would be really mad if I shelled out $20 for this drivel. I like watching Ellen on TV, she's funny and energetic. This book is a complete insult to her fans, though. What an obvious no-effort cash-grab! This "book" is full of random little lists and things. I can't even call them "essays" just "cute" (I guess) lists of what she was randomly thinking about when she sat down to write this.There is ZERO substance here. Worse than disappointing, I actually feel insulted that Ellen apparently thinks her fans are stupid enough to be amused by this half-hearted, half-finished, unstructured, substance-less crap. ( )
  catfantastic | Apr 13, 2015 |
Ultra-light, silly humor is all this is... but then, that's all it is supposed to be. If you want wry, clever wit, or humor with a profound message under the laughs, then this isn't for you. But if you've ever watched Ellen Degeneres doing anything, then you should know what to expect, and you will find it impossible to read without hearing her voice in your head. ( )
  fingerpost | Feb 9, 2015 |
I'm going to be forthright with you guys. I was disappointed in Seriously...I'm Kidding (which is a strange statement to make considering that title). I guess I was expecting more comedic memoir and less relentless stand-up in book format. I did say in my last post that I thought that was the premise but I was still hoping for more. Now this isn't Ellen's first book. It's actually her third and so I'm wondering if perhaps the other two captured more what I was looking for from her. That isn't to say that there weren't funny parts. It's Ellen for goodness sake! This is just to say that I was looking for something else and this wasn't it. If you're looking for a quick read that is light and easy then I would recommend this to you (especially if you enjoy Ellen's sense of humor). If you're looking for a comedic memoir I encourage you to look elsewhere. ( )
  AliceaP | Feb 5, 2015 |
Very light and funny. Quick read - took me less than 4 hours. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
This book is a series of essays in which Ellen makes all the comments that I have thought about things - and many that I haven't. It was a great book to take to read in the car during a road trip - I found myself reading much of it out loud to my husband while he was driving. It was a funny read - a great way to pass the time! ( )
  peggy.short | Oct 24, 2014 |

I've experienced a lot the last few years and I have a lot to share. So I hope that you'll take a moment to sit back, relax and enjoy the words I've put together for you in this book. I think you'll find I've left no stone unturned, no door unopened, no window unbroken, no rug unvacuumed, no ivories untickled. What I'm saying is, let us begin, shall we?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:11 -0400)

The stand-up comedian, television host, best-selling author and actress candidly discusses her personal life, her professional career and describes what it was like to become a judge on American Idol.

441 wanted2 pay7 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,613,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible