Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen…

Seriously...I'm Kidding

by Ellen DeGeneres

Ultra-light, silly humor is all this is... but then, that's all it is supposed to be. If you want wry, clever wit, or humor with a profound message under the laughs, then this isn't for you. But if you've ever watched Ellen Degeneres doing anything, then you should know what to expect, and you will find it impossible to read without hearing her voice in your head. ( )
  fingerpost | Feb 9, 2015 |
I'm going to be forthright with you guys. I was disappointed in Seriously...I'm Kidding (which is a strange statement to make considering that title). I guess I was expecting more comedic memoir and less relentless stand-up in book format. I did say in my last post that I thought that was the premise but I was still hoping for more. Now this isn't Ellen's first book. It's actually her third and so I'm wondering if perhaps the other two captured more what I was looking for from her. That isn't to say that there weren't funny parts. It's Ellen for goodness sake! This is just to say that I was looking for something else and this wasn't it. If you're looking for a quick read that is light and easy then I would recommend this to you (especially if you enjoy Ellen's sense of humor). If you're looking for a comedic memoir I encourage you to look elsewhere. ( )
  AliceaP | Feb 5, 2015 |
Very light and funny. Quick read - took me less than 4 hours. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
This book is a series of essays in which Ellen makes all the comments that I have thought about things - and many that I haven't. It was a great book to take to read in the car during a road trip - I found myself reading much of it out loud to my husband while he was driving. It was a funny read - a great way to pass the time! ( )
  peggy.short | Oct 24, 2014 |
Seriously... I'm Kidding
Ellen DeGeners is known for her positive outlook and hilarious personality, but her latest book Seriously... I'm Kidding still manages to surprise you. The book is insightful, sarcastic and sometimes a little ridiculous, too. It's a comedians autobiography. DeGeners manages to take you on a ride of her life's events between her last book and now- and she hooks you in. You're not reading about some woman who wrote a book about herself. You're reading about some woman who was tricked into writing a book about herself- or so she claims.
From her first love to her latest, and her voice acting roles to her talk show, Ellen seems to have never lived a boring day in her life. Her book, like her, follows no regulations either, so if you love to be surprised and amused, you'll find a great read with this paperback.
The book, as mentioned above, is a sort of biography, but it's constantly jumping between side stitches and pure confusion. It makes you forget that you're prying into another persons life. ANd thank goodness you are, because Seriously... I'm Kidding makes you regret some of the opportunities you've missed, and gets you ready for the ones that are coming.
Since the book covers just about any ordinary topic, relating to it is easy. The jokes are all aimed for an audience much like the Grip readers. Put down your Twilight, loose your Macbeth because DeGeners has won this round.
Despite its story-like component, the chances of you disliking Ellen's work are one in a million. The next time you're in a bookstore, look for the book and read the reviews. Seriously. ( )
  PracticallyPerfect | Sep 30, 2014 |

I've experienced a lot the last few years and I have a lot to share. So I hope that you'll take a moment to sit back, relax and enjoy the words I've put together for you in this book. I think you'll find I've left no stone unturned, no door unopened, no window unbroken, no rug unvacuumed, no ivories untickled. What I'm saying is, let us begin, shall we?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:11 -0400)

The stand-up comedian, television host, best-selling author and actress candidly discusses her personal life, her professional career and describes what it was like to become a judge on American Idol.

441 wanted2 pay7 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,145,341 books! | Top bar: Always visible