Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen…

Seriously...I'm Kidding

by Ellen DeGeneres

I listened to the audio version of this book, which was read by Ellen Degeneres, and added all the right intonations to the material. It was light, humorous, cute and typical of Ellen's humor. Anyone who likes Ellen's humor would like this book. ( )
  gaylebutz | Jul 19, 2014 |
Reading this book is a little bit like watching Ellen on television; she writes, about anything and everything. I read this book and heard her voice. The book is somewhat funny -- chuckle funny -- more so in some places than others. I would describe the nature / tone of the book as 'frivolous drivel' -- but in a good and enjoyable way. She takes a no holds barred approach in the subjects she talks about, and I enjoyed the honest and unsanctimonious wit. It is a light and fun read. ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
I LOVE Ellen!!! I'm just going to give her an "A" for effort and because she is such a positive role model, well, I am NOT going to critique this book with negativity. Ellen's intent for this book, I believe, was to spread humor and an added touch of positive reinforcement. So, yeah. I'm going to go with that. Did I say that I LOVE Ellen?! I AM one of her biggest fans!!! ( )
  MaryEvelynLS | Jun 1, 2014 |
Very light reading for fans of Ellen only. This book was entertaining but nowhere near as funny as actually listening to Ellen or watching her show. She does try and give a little life advice in amongst all of the jokes - be kind, don't lie, be who you want to be, be happy - pretty generic I guess but still worth hearing again. ( )
  PennyAnne | May 18, 2014 |
I find Ellen DeGeneres to be a funny and endearing woman. I enjoyed this book, and I think that anyone that enjoys Ellen's style of humor would find it enjoyable as well. The one downfall, and the reason I gave it three stars, is that I found reading her jokes made me wish that I had gotten the audio version instead. ( )
  wincrow | Apr 25, 2014 |

I've experienced a lot the last few years and I have a lot to share. So I hope that you'll take a moment to sit back, relax and enjoy the words I've put together for you in this book. I think you'll find I've left no stone unturned, no door unopened, no window unbroken, no rug unvacuumed, no ivories untickled. What I'm saying is, let us begin, shall we?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:11 -0400)

The stand-up comedian, television host, best-selling author and actress candidly discusses her personal life, her professional career and describes what it was like to become a judge on American Idol.

441 wanted2 pay7 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,290,830 books! | Top bar: Always visible