Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen…

Seriously...I'm Kidding

by Ellen DeGeneres

English (66)  German (1)  All languages (67)
If you love Ellen, you will love this audiobook. It claims to have differences with the print book and since this is Ellen, I believe it. Going to get the book and read along next time I listen, which will be as soon as I can!

Get it. Just get it. You'll listen to it all at once without stopping.

Seriously. I'm not kidding. ( )
  mirrani | Mar 9, 2016 |
I love Ellen DeGeneres so I knew I had to read her latest book. But unfortunately, unlike her talk show, that leaves me laughing, this book did not. It's just the ramblings of Ellen, which is to be expected, but it's almost too much rambling. If someone was actually talking to me the way her book reads, I would probably hit them over the head and tell them to shush up before I have them tested for drugs.

With that being said, there were some parts that had me giggling. And even though it is covered with her humor, she does bring up some serious subjects. And the over all message of her book? Be happy and smile. Can't go wrong with that.

If you've read any of her other two books, there's nothing much new in here. Just more ramblings. Nothing wrong with that but it got old quick. Luckily, it was a nice easy read. ( )
  UberButter | Feb 9, 2016 |
Fiction or non-fiction? Of course only Ellen could be the reader for the audio book. Very enjoyable 3 CD work. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
Welcome to this book review!

2/5 stars

Well, I first started reading this book a couple years ago. Actually my dad brought it for me, it was one of those books I REALLY wanted to read for multiple reasons, first of all the author ;Ellen DeGeneres is one of my favorite host for T.V talk show's. Second, the back of the book was really funny. But , don't let it deceive you. While it wasn't the worse book I have ever read it WAS still really dissapointing and overall BAD. Like some of the "jokes" weren't really jokes but more like "aaah are we supposed to laugh now ?" kind of thing.
It really made me sad, I really wanted to enjoy it but I couldn't. No matter what efforts I put into reading it, I would've never been able to finish it in a reading and it's such a short book but, IT FELT SO LONG.
I liked some part of it, mainly the beggining after that it was kind of just a big mess, that in the end didn't go anywhere. There was some "medium" things about it like one or two things that made sense in it. Though the writting wasn't the best and it was more a mix between her trying to be funny and making us "laugh" then her actually putting effort into it or actually making us laugh. I wouldn't read it a second time. I am dissapointed by it and really hope that if you read it, it wasn't the same experience for you, prehaps my dissapointement was mainly from my "higher" expectations for Ellen DeGeneres's book.
Anyways unless you're really curious then read it otherwhise DON'T TRY READING IT, because..., well as I said it isn't the best work of art nor the best book of the genre.

Thank you for reading!
Go check out my blog :https://bookarinablog.wordpress.com

See you next time,
Love, Bookarina -xoxo- ( )
  Karina-Valerie | Dec 5, 2015 |
Love it!

Reading DeGeneres' books is always a good time. Funny, silly, and positive with a bit of advice thrown in. I love it.

This book is more developed than her previous two books and is a good mix of advice and humor. This was by far my favorite of her books.

DeGeneres has a talent for being funny without making jokes at other people's expense. ( )
  CareBear36 | Nov 9, 2015 |

I've experienced a lot the last few years and I have a lot to share. So I hope that you'll take a moment to sit back, relax and enjoy the words I've put together for you in this book. I think you'll find I've left no stone unturned, no door unopened, no window unbroken, no rug unvacuumed, no ivories untickled. What I'm saying is, let us begin, shall we?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:30 -0400)

The stand-up comedian, television host, best-selling author and actress candidly discusses her personal life, her professional career and describes what it was like to become a judge on American Idol.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible