Ties That Bind by Kathryn Shay

Ties That Bind

by Kathryn Shay

221476,730 (3)None

I had a really hard time getting into this book. The first couple of chapters had 5 separate POVs, and a lot of backstory, and it was hard to attach to any of the characters and care about them. Which bothered me, because I generally love this author's books, and find them intense and emotional.

Part of the problem, admittedly, was that the book is about a divorced couple, and that immediately made me less sympathetic. Without that, the backstory and multiple POVs might not have bothered me so much.

Then, too, the heroine... I really could not relate to her. But once the story kicked in, I did get hooked.

A divorced couple of lawyers is named as the reason for a prison inmate's suicide, and the allegations could ruin both their careers, so they're forced to work together to figure out who implicated them and why, causing latent sparks to burst into flame and a lot of resistance from their new significant others.

Kathryn Shay never hesitates to tackle tough subjects in her books, and this is no exception--we see how the divorce and subsequent reunion affected all 5 people involved, and they're all realistic, 3-dimensional people: no caricatures, or anyone who's all good or all bad, and they all have very human, very believable reactions. ( )
  Darla | Dec 4, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425210537, Mass Market Paperback)

To clear their names, a divorced pair of lawyers must delve into a painful past-uncovering not only the crime that could end their careers, but an enduring passion that seems to have survived their divorce.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:21 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible