The Twins' Blanket by Hyewon Yum

The Twins' Blanket

by Hyewon Yum

The relationship between twins and their blanket they've had since birth is expressed in this book. Since they're older they decide they cant share the blanket anymore so wit the help from their mother they got new a one each.
  cabram90 | Jun 24, 2014 |
Five-year-old identical twins narrate this tale about the special blanket they have shared since birth but now outgrown. Their mother offers to sew a new blanket for each sister out of the old one. Their choice of fabric reflects their individual personality (as do their different stuffed animal pals). A beautiful story of sibling rivalry and affection, of shared heritage and growing independence.
  rarewren | May 31, 2014 |
One of School Library Journal’s Best Picture Books of 2011
These look-alike twins have always shared everything—their room, their toys, a crib, and, since the day they were born, a blanket. But as they grow into new beds, they need new blankets, too. Now they face a new dilemma: they don’t know how not to share. from the perspective of two five-year-olds,
Age: 3-5
Source: ECE Pierce College
  kavy | May 24, 2014 |
When two twins outgrow a blanket they have always shared, they each want the blanket for themselves. Their problem is solved when their mother makes a blank for each of them.

Ages: 3-4

Source: Public Library
  StephanieVega | May 19, 2014 |
The Twins’ Blanket is a book about twin sisters who are getting older, so they need to get separate beds and to separate their favorite blanket. They each get a piece of the blanket to keep with them. The main message of this book is about the relationship between twins. I really loved this book! One reason I really loved this book is because I am an identical twin. My sister and I are very similar and we do pretty much share everything, so I really related to this book. One sentence that resonated with me in particular was “We’re look alike twins, that means we look like each other, that means we share everything.” That sentence just reminded of me and my twin sister, Rachel, a lot. A second thing that I really loved about this book was the end papers. One was pink and one was yellow because one twin’s favorite color was pink, and her new blanket was pink, and one twin’s favorite color was yellow, and her new blanket was yellow. ( )
  MelissaPatek | Mar 31, 2014 |

One of School Library Journal’s Best Picture Books of 2011

These look-alike twins have always shared everything—their room, their toys, a crib, and, since the day they were born, a blanket. But as they grow into new beds, they need new blankets, too. Now they face a new dilemma: they don’t know how  not to share.

Told from the perspective of two five-year-olds, The Twins’ Blanket playfully illuminates squabbles and affection between young siblings. Yum’s minimalistic art astutely captures these twins’ emotions as they toss, turn, and tug their new and old blankets—and embrace their growing independence.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:14 -0400)

Two twin girls, who have always shared everything, sleep in separate beds with their own blankets for the first time.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,695,809 books! | Top bar: Always visible