Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Title:Everneath
Authors:Brodi Ashton
Info:Balzer Bray (2012), Hardcover, 384 pages

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Everneath was a really good book. I loved Jack, but I think I liked Cole more. Or maybe that was just Cole's charm pulling me towards him. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
I almost gave up on this book, but i'm glad I kept going. It was one of those slow to start books, but the story concept was very intriguing, it is a modern day take on a Greek tragedy. At first I wasn't much into the Now and Then style of the book but I came around when I realized I wanted to know more about how did things got to this point for Nikki and it brought the culmination of the story full circle. I could understand why they made the choices they made from beginning to end.

In the end, I really liked this book and grateful that I kept reading.

Can't wait to see where the author takes Nikki and Jack's story so I wait patiently(yeah right!) for the next book. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
I didn’t get really into this book until about half way in. After that I was hooked and couldn’t but it down. I love Nikki and Jack’s resistance to accept what will happen. I do have to say that I think Cole is probably my favorite character in this book. He’s obviously a bad boy, but I think somewhere inside he must have the capacity to feel. The beginning of the book was confusing, and I think that’s why I couldn’t get into it. I had too many questions and not enough answers. I think that the basis of this novel on Greek myths was an awesome way to go. It’s different, and I liked it.

It’s taken me over a week to write this review. When I finished it, I wasn’t stoked about this novel. I think a lot of it had to do with my mood. (Which happens a lot.) But after giving myself some time to let the story sink in and think about it, I really like this novel. I recommend it for those that are looking on a different twist to the paranormal genre. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
This book was the epitome of "meh." The writing and plot was decent enough to get me to the end, but I truly felt nothing for the characters or the plot. I basically finished it to see if the ending was compelling enough for me to continue on with the series.

It's not.

The plot, with the influences of Greek mythology, had a lot of potential but not only did it not reach the potential, it never got close. Maybe others will love it? I didn't, but I also didn't hate it. It was a mediocre experience. ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
Hades and Persephone and old tale that never gets old. Nikki is a teen just enjoying her boyfriend and her life till something goes wrong. She makes a choice that takes her away for 100 years. For a hundred years she is wrapped around and connected to Cole, who absorbs all her emotions. She awakes undamaged like others who have gone through this 'feed'. Then she turns away from him and travels back to the surface to find her love, Jack. The face she has thought of everyday for the last 100 years. Luckily 100 years in the underworld is only six months on the surface.
I had some issues with the telling of the story. Nikki was supposed to come back without any emotions and yet, she yearns for her life. The whole story is emotional. Teenage melodrama deluxe, with dating jealousy, misunderstandings and parents. Her hate for Cole and her need for Jack where endless. The everyone just accepted her back with out any real questions ? Really ? Cole, he was always treated badly. I have hope this will change in the next books. but the animosity he received bothered me.
I loved her fight to gain respect for the adults she abandoned on her run to the underside. Her father was realistic and well written. The school and the other students reactions to her sudden return was also realistic. The relationship between her and Jack was sweet and I could believe it. His hate for Cole was understandable. The clue that they found was something new and exciting to the story line.
it was a good tale, I could not put it down, even with the flaws. I was disappointed in the inconsistencies and melodrama. I did not know this was the first in a series so I was screaming at the cliffhanger ending. Phew. I will maybe read the next one ? ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Regretting her decision to forfeit her life on Earth to become an immortal on Everneath, a world between Earth and Hell, teenaged Nikki is given the chance to return to the Surface for six months, in this story loosely based on the "Hades and Persephone" myth.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,176 books! | Top bar: Always visible